Blokes watching girl bands

Guest Grimmy

I've never watched a girl band at a festival but this year I think I'll catch Florence and The Machine and possibly Marina and The Diamonds. My question is, do any blokes out there feel out of place watching a girl band or is it not really an issue for you?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate the following artists music, but would barge my way to the front for an ogle:

Beyonce

Katherine Jenkins

Britney Spears

Rihanna

Girls Aloud

And one act I like for their excellent music as well as having a pretty lady in the band who are playing: Tunng.

Too right Kaybee. I'm gonna get my femme-rage on at this rate!

Why would you feel uncomfortable? I've spent a good proportion of my life watching all-male acts, some good, some not so good, and I've never felt uncomfortable? (plus, many, MANY of them have been as far away from 'fit' for my tastes even when I have duly credited their music?!)

What does it matter so long as you enjoy the artist? Why would issues about watching the opposite sex come into it? (unless you are of the person distinction who would drag said person of the opposite sex around the festival site by their hair, of course)

I've never watched a girl band at a festival but this year I think I'll catch Florence and The Machine and possibly Marina and The Diamonds. My question is, do any blokes out there feel out of place watching a girl band or is it not really an issue for you?

Now, I love Emmy the Great's music. Brilliant tunes. Brilliant lyrics. Brilliant arrangements and performances.

But watching her (twice) last year, I questioned my own reasons for being there. I'm a 36 year old man, and my little heart was a flutter watching this gorgeous girl in her early 20s.

But dammit, I *do* like the music too, and I had every moral right to be there.

Now, gents, let's rank Girls Aloud in the order you'd shag 'em...

my first thought was "what a daft question... what difference does it make whether it's a guy or a girl on stage, it's music..!?"

and then I saw the responses... "depends how fit she is", etc...

and my heart sank

is this what we've come to?

:P

my first thought was "what a daft question... what difference does it make whether it's a guy or a girl on stage, it's music..!?"

and then I saw the responses... "depends how fit she is", etc...

and my heart sank

is this what we've come to?

:P