Front of Pyramid Stage to be flag free...

Guest garethslee

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

police or polite? :P

anyway, lets hope that a polite notice is all that is required, and that it becomes 'the done thing' not to take flags to where they inconvenience others - i'd hate to see security wading into the crowd to snatch them or something awful like that if there was a proper rule.

in an ideal world, self policing would be enough, and as Glastonbury is as close to an ideal world that many of us will ever experience it always feels a bit of a shame when new rules have to be introduced.

4563885184_fca3064362_o.jpg

The guy with the smiley flag to the right hand side obviously made a mistake as he inadvertently allowed me to see one of the band's members for a few seconds.

That image is part of a small selection illustrating the issue from last year:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/j_hunt/sets/72157623833395973/

Note: Some of us would like to see the band from time to time.

Edited by jameshunt

This is excellent news!! :P:P , i am small enough as it is and have trouble seeing over and around people at times, the last thing i need is flags. It was worse last year at the pyramid than anywhere else though.

The fact that we have to have some rules doesn't negate the fact that we really shouldn't need a rule about flags. Because next we'll be having rules about chairs and then rules about sitting on people's shoulders. I find it a sad indicment of the times we live in that there are so many calls for different rules about what you can and cant do at the festival. Of all the places I can think of, 5 days in a field in Somerset should be about as rule free as it can be. The fact that more and more people want more and more controls - ban this, ban that, don't do this, you must do that - is a poor reflection of how people need someone else to control their lives and happiness for them.

I think a better way to put that is that it is a poor reflection on w*nkers who don't have any thought or respect for others rights to enjoy(see)acts they paid for. The whole togetherness of society and community died out a long time ago. To me a ban on flags is fine as it's simply the only way to ensure EVERYBODY can enjoy what they are there to see.

Yeah why have rules, be as well having free bars, no fence, free drugs and take your car anywhere on site.

People moaning about a little consideration to others by restricting flags in the front of stage area.. please go to another festival :P

This news has made me a happy bunny indeed! :P

Being somewhat vertically challenged it is normally a struggle for me to see the stage but I accept that. Annoyed me last year though that all you could see on the screens were flags! I don't spend my whole time staring at the screens but it is nice to occasionally see who I'm listening to.......

I think a better way to put that is that it is a poor reflection on w*nkers who don't have any thought or respect for others rights to enjoy(see)acts they paid for. The whole togetherness of society and community died out a long time ago. To me a ban on flags is fine as it's simply the only way to ensure EVERYBODY can enjoy what they are there to see.

How many people do you reckon asked someone to take a flag down last year because it was annoying them? I appreciate the point you're making, but I'll bet that less than a handful actually asked someone to take a flag down and I find it disappointing we have to have others acting for us
Edited by al_coholic

How many people do you reckon asked someone to take a flag down last year because it was annoying them? I appreciate the point you're making, but I'll bet that less than a handful actually asked someone to take a flag down and I find it disappointing we have to have others acting for us

Doesnt really matter in the slightest coz the front barrier part aint even that far. so puttin em up behind the barrier will still ppl will have obstructed views!

plus on video footage it'l look crap without the flags. good job i hate pyramid n e way.