Arcade Fire or Pendulum

Guest Dukeeyyy

im a bit confused over who to watch on that friday night in Leeds

Pendulum - love them but seen them live

Arcade Fire- like them but not as much as pendulum but there has been a lot of hype about there live shows

who do you reckon i should watch and who are you watching???

Edited by Dukeeyyy

From a person who has seen both (and went to both through my own choice, so this isn't a biased opinion) definitely Arcade Fire.

Arcade Fire-Great atmosphere, breathtaking, funny(someone lobbed a shoe at Win Butler) and a really great set and performance

Pendulum-Terrible sound set-up, crap interaction with the audience, just pretty poor showmanship, if you want loud noises(I stress noises) to jump around to go to them.

Depends if you want to see Libertines or not. To get in the tent for Pendulum you wont be able to watch all of the Libs set. You'll find yourself standing outside the tent half listening to Pendulum & half listening to general festival noise.

I'm going for Arcade Fire

Ignoring the fact that Pendulum have lost credibilty nowadays, they are really good live and you'll have a great time, as you would at any other festivla you go to cos they will be there :P

AF's gonna be something special, where-as Pendulum's the one for people who cba to give something new a listen

From a person who has seen both (and went to both through my own choice, so this isn't a biased opinion) definitely Arcade Fire.

Arcade Fire-Great atmosphere, breathtaking, funny(someone lobbed a shoe at Win Butler) and a really great set and performance

Pendulum-Terrible sound set-up, crap interaction with the audience, just pretty poor showmanship, if you want loud noises(I stress noises) to jump around to go to them.

Im having the same problem.

I love Pendulum... and thats where all my friends will be going. But from all the comments on Facebook/Youtube... all the dicks will be there.

And everyone is saying how good Arcade Fire are... so Im having a listen... and they are quite good

And Im staying for all the Libertines set... cause Im quite excited about it.

I sorta hope the lock up/Festival Republic/ Alternative has someone I would love to see... cause then there would be no contest.

Which would make my life easier.

i quite like pendulum and they are energetic but i'd rather see Arcade Fire again. After seeing them many times at relatively small gigs i didnt expect them to be that good on main stage but then when they played before rhcp they were immense and i cannot wait for this year's headline performance. So glad they are on Friday aswell.

QUOTE (theramm @ Apr 9 2010, 09:22 AM)

Depends if you want to see Libertines or not. To get in the tent for Pendulum you wont be able to watch all of the Libs set. You'll find yourself standing outside the tent half listening to Pendulum & half listening to general festival noise.

Not if you have the power of pushing

I will defo go to Arcade Fire as well, but Pendulum crap crowd interaction?! Are you sure?! I've seen them twice and both times the crowd was totally ape shit, that MC guy definately gets the crowd going! I respect Pendulum are something different, and I quite like them for it.

Pendulum. I've given Arcade Fire a listen and whilst I like a fair few of their songs I've never seen Pendulum live before and I still remember Hold Your Colour with fondness. Whilst musically AF seem to be a million miles away (although give Pendulum some credit, I hear Rob Swire does a lot of fancy production work etc...), I just don't feel I'd enjoy watching AF as much as I would going mental in a packed tent to Pendulum. A decent lockup headliner would definitely change my mind though.

Also both sides seem to have their "dicks", I've seen far too many people who assume that anyone who doesn't worship the ground AF walk on obviously "has never heard of them" or "needs to listen to real music...", yes Pendulum are a bit of a guilty pleasure, but what's wrong with that eh :P ?

Edited by ap3311