Nos/Laughing gas

Guest Alexiss

In response to the original question: yes you definitely can have your dispenser confiscated.

On Sunday just after Blur, we were doing nitrous near the Cider Bus/Workers Charter bar when I noticed a few policemen standing by a supermarket stall looking very interested in what we were doing. I had a quiet word with my mate and suggested it might be a good idea to give it a rest and maybe move on, but one of the girls in our group shot me down with 'f*ck them - it's not illegal - what are they going to f*cking do about it?'

Ten minutes later we were surrounded by police and my mate was taken off to have a 'chat.' They had him for about 20 mins, told him that it was illegal to administer the stuff (we weren't selling it - just using it within our group), confiscated his dispenser etc, said they were going to take him off to the station but ultimately let him go. Needless to say, throughout all this, a certain girl said absolutely nothing.

It was looking a bit dodgy for a while - I thought they were actually going to nick my mate. So be discrete if you see police or security about.

As for the empties - we just put them all in a cotton Glastonbury bag and then dumped them into the can recycling bins when we moved on. Nitrous is good fun, but when I see people dumping cylinders on the floor, I want them exterminated like any other worthless vermin who drop litter.

Edited by Mark E. Spliff

• 1 month later...

Yeah we've had a mini dispenser for years. Has an adapter for two sizes of cartridge. Very handy pocket size. No need for those great big things.

(To others) Hey nobody's saying that NOS is the most amazing thing ever... it's just a bit of a laugh and pretty harmless, that's all. (cue someone posting a dramatic story of a younf girl who died after taking NOS).

Yep. Last year I found myself with some Amazon vouchers and bought a really nice creamer cannister, primarily for my culinary experiments but also because I thought I'd give this whole NOS thing a go again, I say again as the last time I did it I was about 5 having some teeth out.

Anyway, yes, I'd agree, after sussing out the dosing levels needed and the amount of time/effort involved, it's a lot easier to stick the tried and tested Class A-Cs, plus it reminded me far too much of the 2 week sojourn I had with solvents back in 1984 which ended up in a totally wigged out body/mind disassociation trip that freaked the be-jesus out of me.

So no, I'll stick to what I know best but by all means, 'knock yourself out' so to speak :-) But please, if could people clear up their mess.

btw, is it me or does anyone else get the mental image of Ivor the Engine every time you hear someone fill up one of those balloons?

NOS is bollocks, £2 lasting the whole of two minutes. I'd rather just have a quick w*nk. near enuff the same effect, and probably less antisocial doing it in the middle of the stone circle. the tits who leave the cannisters everywhere should be made to eat one ... as a cow might, by accident.

The constant whooshing noise also really pissed me off ... even more than some f**ked-up pissed-up lairy mancunian monkey climbing up on one of the stones next to us and screaming " 'AS ANYONE GOOT ANY FOOOCKING MOSHROOOOOOOOOMS?!?!?! "

I had walked the missus up there to show her the more gentle and magical side of (her first) glasto. I should have just started a fight in the dance tent instead and been more romantic.

Laughing Gas indeed. what a load of old c**t. :P

Laughing gas is brilliant. If you don't like it you're doing it wrong. Tis all I'll say in response to the comment above. :)

Will say about the waste - having been a litterpicker in previous years - at the Stone Circle last year - they're dead easy to spot and easy to pick off the ground - really not awkward like tent pegs - especially as there just tends to be big piles of them rather than just single ones everywhere - literally every single canister would be cleared from the Stone Circle each morning. So I don't think that the waste is that big an issue. Not that people shouldn't make the effort to bin them themselves though....

Edited by Vacant0

In response to the original question: yes you definitely can have your dispenser confiscated.

On Sunday just after Blur, we were doing nitrous near the Cider Bus/Workers Charter bar when I noticed a few policemen standing by a supermarket stall looking very interested in what we were doing. I had a quiet word with my mate and suggested it might be a good idea to give it a rest and maybe move on, but one of the girls in our group shot me down with 'f*ck them - it's not illegal - what are they going to f*cking do about it?'

Ten minutes later we were surrounded by police and my mate was taken off to have a 'chat.' They had him for about 20 mins, told him that it was illegal to administer the stuff (we weren't selling it - just using it within our group), confiscated his dispenser etc, said they were going to take him off to the station but ultimately let him go. Needless to say, throughout all this, a certain girl said absolutely nothing.

It was looking a bit dodgy for a while - I thought they were actually going to nick my mate. So be discrete if you see police or security about.

As for the empties - we just put them all in a cotton Glastonbury bag and then dumped them into the can recycling bins when we moved on. Nitrous is good fun, but when I see people dumping cylinders on the floor, I want them exterminated like any other worthless vermin who drop litter.

NOS is bollocks, £2 lasting the whole of two minutes. I'd rather just have a quick w*nk. near enuff the same effect, and probably less antisocial doing it in the middle of the stone circle. the tits who leave the cannisters everywhere should be made to eat one ... as a cow might, by accident.

The constant whooshing noise also really pissed me off ... even more than some f**ked-up pissed-up lairy mancunian monkey climbing up on one of the stones next to us and screaming " 'AS ANYONE GOOT ANY FOOOCKING MOSHROOOOOOOOOMS?!?!?! "

I had walked the missus up there to show her the more gentle and magical side of (her first) glasto. I should have just started a fight in the dance tent instead and been more romantic.

Laughing Gas indeed. what a load of old c**t. :P