The xx

Guest safe

lots of hype surrounding them although the album delivers, it's really not like anything else out there, one of my favourite new bands of 2009. Touring like crazy so I could definitely see them playing john peel or the park or even a low slot on the other stage although not sure if this would suit their sound. am aching to see them live

lots of hype surrounding them although the album delivers, it's really not like anything else out there, one of my favourite new bands of 2009. Touring like crazy so I could definitely see them playing john peel or the park or even a low slot on the other stage although not sure if this would suit their sound. am aching to see them live

One of my favourite albums from last year.

Generally don't like slower bands, but really liked this album. Just wish I'd got tickets when I was unconvinced on the basis I'd find people to go closer the time, but was skint and now they are sold out :P

Edit- Just looked at my signature with my top 5 artists from last week off Last.fm and the above looks a massive contradiction! Those are not among favourite artists but are ones I've been checking out.

Edited by 1mills

i saw them in may 2009 in a small and uncrowded venue in leeds, it should have suited them perfectly. Maybe to some people it would have been a great gig but i thought they were quite poor and this was without half as much of the hype weighing on them as does now. and it was literally a bar not a large proper gig venue.

i thought they were average. i just prefer bands that go for it on stage, not ones that look like they dont want to be there and mumble.

They will struggle at festivals simply because their set is quiet and minimal by definition, sound will be invariably worse than their own gigs and the crowd wont be as quiet as they need to be for it to work. like when you go see an acoustic artist and everyone talks over them, thats probably what it will be like.

Having said that there is no way they wont appear, i will guess at 2 slots, one on the park and one on the JP. they seem like one of those bands that will get 2 slots.

Edited by Memory Man

• 3 weeks later...