Wickerman 2010

Guest OneLittleFish

Friday Night in the Skiddle Tent @ The Wickerman Festival!

18th May 2010

With the summer fast approaching – and it’s hoped the current sunshine is a good indicator it will be a hot one – Skiddle have just announced something else to salivate over. After being asked back to programme part of Bass Camp at Scotland’s inspired Wickerman Festival, we have been busily beavering away to up the ante somewhat and top last year’s huge success.

It’s cap-doffing time as we present a riotous Friday night action, which is taking the Bass Camp area into a fresh and dynamic new direction. Encapsulating drum and bass, dubstep and grime, the first day of the Wickerman Festival will largely feature ground-shaking basslines, tree-wobbling reverbs and some of the biggest tracks around from a who’s who of scene-stealing talent.

Richskiddle says that, “We wanted to go with a new take for this year’s Wickerman so we have booked in some really strong artists to take over on the Friday. There are so many amazing artists out there right now and we feel we have picked some of the very best. We’ve also launched our huge Skiddle Resident DJ of the Year comp too and the finalists will be playing on Friday and Saturday"

Kicking off Friday’s Dance Arena action at The Wickerman Festival is Radio 1 and Fabric’s drum and bass legend Fabio, a man with many years behind him and someone who remains right at the front of the pack, continually pushing the boundaries of the scene.

Fabio is supported by Utah Jazz, an original liquid funskter and a party-bringer like no other who fuses together one-off dubplates, three-deck mixes and old-skool razzle-dazzle bursting from his bag of tricks.

No stranger to Skiddle or the Wickerman Festival, Sonny Wharton explores new ground and joins the Friday night lineup to demonstrate that his mammoth technical ability and showstopping manoeuvres can be applied right across the musical spectrum. One of many moments of The Wickerman Festival not to be missed!

The 13-strong chaos-creating Murkage Cartel bring together everything from drum and bass to garage to R&B and party tunes and youngster Bail offers forward-thinking Dubstep.

Two of Carlisle’s unsung hero’s Tim Forrester and Mr Chipp bring a local element to the festival on a musical adventure of epic proportions that’s set to get the fields rumbling, whilst Preston’s bearded hero the Filth Wizard kicks off proceedings and warms the tent for the night’s heavyweight activities.

Friday In Full…

Fabio (Radio 1/1Xtra)

Utah Jazz

Sonny Wharton (Whartone Recordings)

Murkage Cartel

Tim Forrester

Mr Chipp (Bass Militia)

Filth Wizard

Bail

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been meaning to get to Wickerman for years now, and was on the verge of going last year (after my tattooist talked it up something awful!) but I couldn't afford it after Download.

Heading to Download again this year, but about 95% sure I'm going to make my Wickerman debut this year. It's an awesome line-up IMO - I love the Charlatans, OCS, Sons & Daughters, Saw Doctors, Futureheads and Teenage Fanclub!

Excited about it already, and I'm not even definitely going!! :P

Edited by Jay_

Hi folks, new to the site. Thinking of taking kids - 6 and 8 to Wickerman - their first festival. Couple of questions - want to park either in disabled section (eldest is disabled) or family area. Have friends we want to camp with. Would you advise getting there on Thursday or is there enough space for us to roll up on Fri a.m and find camping space no trouble? I know we can take car to disabled section. Just not sure how packed it all gets. (Would prefer to camp for 2 rather than 3 nights but could do 3 if it would mean easier to get set up and find friends etc.)

Also any tips for helping kids get most out of it?

thanks.

Hi folks, new to the site. Thinking of taking kids - 6 and 8 to Wickerman - their first festival. Couple of questions - want to park either in disabled section (eldest is disabled) or family area. Have friends we want to camp with. Would you advise getting there on Thursday or is there enough space for us to roll up on Fri a.m and find camping space no trouble? I know we can take car to disabled section. Just not sure how packed it all gets. (Would prefer to camp for 2 rather than 3 nights but could do 3 if it would mean easier to get set up and find friends etc.)

Also any tips for helping kids get most out of it?

thanks.

Guys just wondered what time bands usually start on the Fri as we intend heading down 1st thing.

First time at Wickerman and taking kids 11,9 & 8 so will just subject them to 2 nights camping with their parents embarrassing them :lol:

Plus any other tips re taking kids would be appreciated ;)

KIds wise last year the kids area was a pay on entry but you could by a wristbnad which enabaled entry all day it worked out loads cheaper.

The kids will have a great time our son 9 then 10 now certainly did and we are all looking forward to it this year.