Wickerman 2010

Guest OneLittleFish

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Needing some info, if you'd be so kind.

Never been to Wickerman before, but got tickets for this year's festival through Skiddle.

Can someone tell me - how many stages/tents are there? Also, (their site is screened by my company network, so cant check for myself) is it the same sort of trek from the car park to the campsite as it is at TITP?

What kind of system does it use for beer purchase etc (like at T, is there places to buy a carry out for the campsite), and are there cash machines?

If these are stupid questions, I apologise in advance. I'm sure the info is available on the site but, as I say, my company network wont let me on it.

Any other info you think pertinent, please feel free to bombard me!

Thankyou.

Needing some info, if you'd be so kind.

Never been to Wickerman before, but got tickets for this year's festival through Skiddle.

Can someone tell me - how many stages/tents are there? Also, (their site is screened by my company network, so cant check for myself) is it the same sort of trek from the car park to the campsite as it is at TITP?

What kind of system does it use for beer purchase etc (like at T, is there places to buy a carry out for the campsite), and are there cash machines?

If these are stupid questions, I apologise in advance. I'm sure the info is available on the site but, as I say, my company network wont let me on it.

Any other info you think pertinent, please feel free to bombard me!

Thankyou.

The distance you are from your tent depends on when you arrive but if the lay out is similar to other years then parking is in the field next to general camping. If you want quiet/family camping then it's 2 fields!

Roughly same amount of stages as T. token system for bars was introduced last year, there was a cash machine with long queues...better heading into Kirkcudbright or Castle Douglas for your carryout and lifting money there (or bringing enough with you)

You'll have a great weekend! :P

• 2 weeks later...

Mornin'

Wee update re. The Solus Tent:

UNICORN KID - DJANGO DJANGO

BLACK INTERNATIONAL

CONQUERING ANIMAL SOUND

FOUND

GALLERIES

GoGoBot

KITTY THE LION

LOST TODOROVS

MAEVE O‘BOYLE

MAKE SPARKS

MIDNIGHT LION

MITCHELL MUSEUM

THE OK SOCIAL CLUB

PANDA SU

THERE WILL BE FIREWORKS

UNITED FRUIT

WITHERED HAND

Mornin'

Wee update re. The Solus Tent:

UNICORN KID - DJANGO DJANGO

BLACK INTERNATIONAL

CONQUERING ANIMAL SOUND

FOUND

GALLERIES

GoGoBot

KITTY THE LION

LOST TODOROVS

MAEVE O‘BOYLE

MAKE SPARKS

MIDNIGHT LION

MITCHELL MUSEUM

THE OK SOCIAL CLUB

PANDA SU

THERE WILL BE FIREWORKS

UNITED FRUIT

WITHERED HAND

Always prefer to put a positive spin on things, but this is shaping up to be the weakest festival line up I've been to. Wish I'd held back on buying my ticket untill Bella announced a few bands themselves.

Sorry to be a whinger, just not pushing my buttons at aw :P

Seeing as how I've got my tickets I'll defo be going - been trying to persuade my friends and the line-up's been putting most of them off. Even if it's camping with camp eFests (if that's okay with you all) I'm sure I'll have a great time, but I'm very bored with laddish guitar music and synths, so not a great deal for me so far - it tends to narrow things down a bit :P

Seeing as how I've got my tickets I'll defo be going - been trying to persuade my friends and the line-up's been putting most of them off. Even if it's camping with camp eFests (if that's okay with you all) I'm sure I'll have a great time, but I'm very bored with laddish guitar music and synths, so not a great deal for me so far - it tends to narrow things down a bit :P