Wickerman 2010

Guest OneLittleFish

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only festival I have been to over the years is T, as it is local to where I live.

Can anyone tell me the main differences from T and Wickerman, and does the fact it is a smaller festival make it any less enjoyable? Do you have to camp, or can you leave on the Saturday and return on the Sunday?

In 2011 we may consider going to Wickerman instead, as I think T is going to price itself out the market very soon (if it hasn't already). We enjoyed T as always, but can't help thinking that they are now more interested in taking money from customers, than providing a great festival. This has been creeping in over the last few years.

Any info would be appreciated!

The only festival I have been to over the years is T, as it is local to where I live.

Can anyone tell me the main differences from T and Wickerman, and does the fact it is a smaller festival make it any less enjoyable? Do you have to camp, or can you leave on the Saturday and return on the Sunday?

In 2011 we may consider going to Wickerman instead, as I think T is going to price itself out the market very soon (if it hasn't already). We enjoyed T as always, but can't help thinking that they are now more interested in taking money from customers, than providing a great festival. This has been creeping in over the last few years.

Any info would be appreciated!

In dealing with post T blues and too lazy/knackered to put any of the camping gear away, we bought two Wickerman tickets yesterday.

Coupla Wicki virgins. But chocks up another notch of doing some of the smaller Scottich festies. Always liked their line-ups particularly as they always seem to book plenty punk/ska/reggae. Sweet. Bit gutted about Buzzcocks clashing with Charlatans, but ain't it always the way?

Heading down Thursday afternoon to catch some rays (B) ) and the arena seems to have stuff going on starting thursday night. Took a note of where the efesties camp is so will look out for y'all! Look out for a coupla hobblers and thats us. :(

Right enuff bumping ma gums.........daft question time...

How many folks go? 1500? 5000?

When do they split the bands up into times and running order?

How do you know who is on when on the day? Flyers?

Would I be right in thinking its beer tokens?

Cheers

Andy

Wickerman Efest Camp 2010 Everyone Welcome

If anyone wants to come and join in camp Efest at this years festie this is the place to add your name in the absense of the subforum! Some of us have met before but don't let that put you off. We're a friendly bunch!

There is added security of camping in a group as there are often people in camp. It also makes it easy to find a friendly face while bimbling about the site or gives lots of options of folk to head to see bands with.

Taking names from this thread so far as well as a few names of those working the fest who will be camping with us (they're too busy glastobating at present to post in here!)

treacle + wullie72

Leprekorn + michala + mike

rollergirl + mini rollergirl

llcoolphil

OLF

swieve + Kim

titp

BenchBudda

muckyg +1

honeydew

juradog +1

lewlew +2

bunter

Glastomongrel and nominaomi removed as no longer able to go. Good luck with first day of your new job Naomi

If you want to add your name please copy and paste this whole post.

I will be there - ski64 - and hopefully get chance to meet up with some of you .

We will be camping in quiet field - there are 6 families going .

What is the story with camping stoves I am sure I read somewhere there were issues last year , surely they are allowed ?

Coupla Wicki virgins. But chocks up another notch of doing some of the smaller Scottich festies. Always liked their line-ups particularly as they always seem to book plenty punk/ska/reggae. How many folks go? 1500? 5000?

When do they split the bands up into times and running order?

How do you know who is on when on the day? Flyers?

Would I be right in thinking its beer tokens?

Cheers

Andy

The Scooter tent has tons of ska and punk and the reggae tent runs just about all night - you'll have a blast. Not sure on the capacity but its several thousand and, sadly, yes its beer tokens

You'll be grand with camping stoves - I think we'll even have a barbeque at e fest camp :)

If anyone wants to come and join in camp Efest at this years festie this is the place to add your name in the absense of the subforum! Some of us have met before but don't let that put you off. We're a friendly bunch!

There is added security of camping in a group as there are often people in camp. It also makes it easy to find a friendly face while bimbling about the site or gives lots of options of folk to head to see bands with.

Taking names from this thread so far as well as a few names of those working the fest who will be camping with us (they're too busy glastobating at present to post in here!)

treacle + wullie72

llcoolphil

OLF

swieve + Kim

titp

BenchBudda

muckyg +1

honeydew

juradog +1

lewlew +2

bunter

greenfairy+rabid

treacle + wullie72 +2

llcoolphil +1

OLF +1

swieve + Kim

titp

BenchBudda

honeydew

juradog +1

lewlew +2

bunter +1

greenfairy+rabid :D

I'm new to Wickerman & have just bought tickets for myself & son at the weekend - line up looks great! It's his first festival & this one sounds like a good one to start. We're heading down on the Thursday, I see the arena is open, can anyone tell me what is on that day?

It doesn't look like it's too far between the car park & the campsite, I take it there's no problem with going back & forth between campsite & car park?

I'm new to Wickerman & have just bought tickets for myself & son at the weekend - line up looks great! It's his first festival & this one sounds like a good one to start. We're heading down on the Thursday, I see the arena is open, can anyone tell me what is on that day?

It doesn't look like it's too far between the car park & the campsite, I take it there's no problem with going back & forth between campsite & car park?

I'm sure there were over 15000 last year.

There were a few issues with camping stoves last year and several folk had their gas canisters removed. Stewards said only the small butane canisters were allowed.

We had a BBQ last year and plan to take it again this year. :)

Rythm & Reel are playing in the bar and the lovely Stormin Norman is DJ in there too.

Axis was open Thursday the past few years too but it's a great time to get to know your neighbours and get your bearings.

You're free to go between carpark and campsite as you please. You've picked a good festie for his first and I'm sure you'll have a great time :)

Hi all

Never been to wickerman before and it looks like I will be going on my own.

Are there many other single (I am not going to say sad!) people going to wickerman who want some company and if so, is the efestival camp a good place to meet people? surfncanoe

as usual my work's shitty holidays mean i can only make it down on the friday leaving at 12 in the afternoon so probably get there for 3pm. So was wondering if anyone knew when the gig times come out so i know what im missing etc. I see the Charlatans are on friday night which is shit hot for me but cant see any other timings any where.

Be great to see everyone again, looks like a great camp shaping up and a line up to match. I just selfishly hope they put the shit ones on on the thursday when i'm stuck up here in fife!!!