Pukkelpop 2010

Guest Semprini

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One word of caution for anyone who is thinking of buying tickets off ebay etc. Pretty much everyone will have e-tickets for sale (unless they have bought a physical ticket from one of the shops in Belgium) and the valid ticket is the last copy that is printed out before it is scanned at the entrance to the festival. So in theory, someone could send you the link after you've paid them, you print the ticket out but they could print out another copy after that and your copy is invalid. You won't know until you get to the gate if your copy is the last one to be printed out. You could get to the gate and find out that the code on your print out has already been used.

Even if the person you buy off is from the UK or another country miles away from Belgium and they're definitely not going to the festival, there's nothing stopping them from selling the link to more than one person. There's a lot of potential for people to get scammed but I guess that's part of the reason why the organisers have done it this way - they don't want people selling tickets on.

Are you 100% sure that it goes that way? I think the PDF file with the ticket does not change, so printing order is not important. What really matters is the scanning - only the first copy of a ticket scanned at the entrance is valid. So one just has to be quicker than dozens of people who bought the same ticket off e-bay. ;)

Edited by Semprini

Yeah, I can't wait to see what they've got in store. I don't think the Dance Hall will be much different as the letters they had hanging from the roof were new last year so they may well use them again. I'm hoping that the LED roof in the Boiler last year was a test run for a complete screen on the ceiling, a bit like at Freemont Street in Vegas. Failing that, I hope they go massively overboard on lasers. Check out this footage from Big Day Out in Austrailia (from 2.40 onwards and the last 30 seconds or so. It goes all slo-mo in places for some reason which is a bit annoying).

Official timetable is now up. I haven't looked in too much detail but most of it seems to be the same as the times printed in the ABC list. One change I have seen is Broken Bells have been moved to a later slot in the Marquee, which sorts out my biggest clash of the weekend :D