Hard Rock Calling 2010

Guest chris1983

Cannot say that I'm overly impressed with Macca at the ticket prices. This is a festival there is supposed to be a set price for all days regardless of headline act. If Springsteen, arguably a bigger concert attraction in recent years can see this and try to keep costs down for the fans can't see why multi-multi-multi-multi millionaire Paul McCartney can't!

For £70 (plus a scandalous £7.50p for ticket handling!!) I want the Frog Chorus! if not, I'm gonna be throwing my artifical leg at the stage!!

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's the same as last year, this shouldn't be the case.

I seem to remember that (on paper) the acts were quite well planned out so that every time an act left the main stage, 5 minutes later an act would go on another stage, and when they finished, an act would go on the main stage etc. So in this respect, if you did a hell of a lot of running, you could probably see every act on the Main Stage/Pepsi Max stage. :P

I'm unsure about The Park stage or whatever it was called though, I never ventured that far.

Edited by Pangolins_egg

I was hoping McCartney would play on Sat when I already have Gaslight Anthem tickets, and there'd be a good headliner for the Sunday. Boo.

Bet the Sat headliner will be ace now. Oh well...GA have sold out, so if the Sat headliner is once in a lifetime and awesome I'll sell my GA ticket, I'll see them on the Friday anyway with PJ.

Also - Paul McCartney = Hard Rock????? Yet more evidence they need to change the name back!! It's embarassing enough having the Hard Rock logo printed 12 times on the stage alone (we know you sponser it, we see your stands and we saw it on the ticket...enough!!), but it's just compounded by the fact that what's coming off the stage is blatently not hard rock. I dare them to advertise it as AOR Calling instead. Hyde Park Calling was a far better name. Hard Rock Calling could be anywhere in the world - it's not special.

Hmmm. This reads back far tetchier than I intended. I wish I didn't think McCartney was a c*@!. It'd be easier.

Edited by Guilt-Trip

I was hoping McCartney would play on Sat when I already have Gaslight Anthem tickets, and there'd be a good headliner for the Sunday. Boo.

Bet the Sat headliner will be ace now. Oh well...GA have sold out, so if the Sat headliner is once in a lifetime and awesome I'll sell my GA ticket, I'll see them on the Friday anyway with PJ.

Also - Paul McCartney = Hard Rock????? Yet more evidence they need to change the name back!! It's embarassing enough having the Hard Rock logo printed 12 times on the stage alone (we know you sponser it, we see your stands and we saw it on the ticket...enough!!), but it's just compounded by the fact that what's coming off the stage is blatently not hard rock. I dare them to advertise it as AOR Calling instead. Hyde Park Calling was a far better name. Hard Rock Calling could be anywhere in the world - it's not special.

Hmmm. This reads back far tetchier than I intended. I wish I didn't think McCartney was a c*@!. It'd be easier.

Hehe...I'm just being pedantic. At least T In The Park is a half decent pun and relatively iconic. To sponser a festival and then insist on naming it directly after your brand deserves a slap, esp when your brand is so far removed from 'hard rock'. Hyde Park Calling was an iconic name that gave the festival an individual identity and very strong sense of place and occasion. It also made it sound less corporate, and lets be fair, that's better! I have to say - I would have found it hard not to giggle had all the Hard Rock logo's been across the stage when Crowded House and Gabriel were playing.

I really hope Keane don't play the Sunday.

Not only are they dull on record but they're equally dull live!

Anyways, Jackson Browne would be cool.

Lastly, why all the backlash against McCartney? I can't wait to see him live and I think he'll be a really great performer.

And like someone already stated, Hard Rock doesn't solely cater towards 'hard rock' but a wide range of genres.

I really hope Keane don't play the Sunday.

Not only are they dull on record but they're equally dull live!

Anyways, Jackson Browne would be cool.

Lastly, why all the backlash against McCartney? I can't wait to see him live and I think he'll be a really great performer.

And like someone already stated, Hard Rock doesn't solely cater towards 'hard rock' but a wide range of genres.