Saturday Headliner

1. Guns N's Roses

2. Van Halen or The Scorpions

3. The Eagles

Other Acts

1. The Hold Steady

2. Dream Theater

3. John Fogerty

Probably wrong on all of these but will be interesting to find out the headliner and if it is one we thought would headline or someone different.

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, that means we only have 1 week left of this wild speculating/rumour spreading/random guessing fun until next year! :P

Opinions people!

3 acts you want/think could be headliners on the Saturday, and 3 other acts you want/think could be added as support on the Saturday/Sunday (I'd say Friday is complete, apart from the smaller stages).

Mine:

Saturday headliner:

1) Stevie Wonder

2) Simon & Garfunkel

3) David Gilmour (I know, I know, but he's my "want" to play)

Other acts:

1) John Fogerty (Sunday)

2) Crowded House (Saturday)

3) Pixies (...?!...)

Let's hear 'em!!! :P

ok i just found this strange link

http://www.classicpopicons.com/tag/hard-ro...lling-festival/

i don't think its accurate - but I think that some of the artists are a possibility for HRC

so possible additions imo:

The Darkness (since a reunion is rumoured)

Meat Loaf

John Fogerty (*)

Simon and Garfunkel

Deep Purple (*)

The Eagles

Arcade Fire

Ray Davies

Fleetwood Mac

David Gilmour (*)

(*) who knows if the lastfm rumours were indeed false !

Scorpions are playing a US festival on 19.06 so i think that rules them out. unless they fly back to europe after that :-P

Edited by tsipouras

ok i just found this strange link

http://www.classicpopicons.com/tag/hard-ro...lling-festival/

i don't think its accurate - but I think that some of the artists are a possibility for HRC

so possible additions imo:

The Darkness (since a reunion is rumoured)

Meat Loaf

John Fogerty (*)

Simon and Garfunkel

Deep Purple (*)

The Eagles

Arcade Fire

Ray Davies

(*) who knows if the lastfm rumours were indeed false !

The Scorpions are playing a US festival on 19.06 so i think that rules them out. unless they fly back to europe after that :-P

Kaytee I'd check with the hotel about check-in times before you go, most do a 2pm check-in so you might have to ask about leaving your bags in a secure room / having them dropped in the room for you while you hoof it to HRC. I had to do this last year as my train was late. Just check they have the facilities to do it!

If not HRC doesn't get rammed until around 4pm anyway (at least not the days I've been) so don't do a mad dash.

I don't know if its a coincidence but I have heard John Fogerty songs on the radio (Chris Evans and Steve Wright - its the office radio) a few times this week, same thing happened just before Stevie Wonder hit Glasto bill.

I think we will be looking at something a little different from either Pearl Jam or Paul McCartney, so I'm not sure if it will perhaps be something rap oriented or indie like Kasabian?

In saying that, someone like Fleetwood Mac would be a good act, as would Pixies for obvious reasons.

:P

There aren't many "young" bands at the moment who could fill Hyde Park who aren't already doing so, or haven't already done so recently... Foo Fighters maybe?! But with TCV on the go at the time, unlikely...

I think it'll be a "legend" again. They need it to swing the balance in their favour to get people down for the whole weekend.

Hehe I thought you might like the Pixies... Would be great.

But I think it will be something in the same like of rock/classic rock. Looking through the past lineups, that's how it's been every year, apart from The Killers filler day ( and I do consider Peter Gabriel to be rock/classic rock... in parts).

Plus, Wireless caters for the rap/modern pop shizz the week after, and Kings Of Leon covers the "indie" (snigger) kids the following week too.

There aren't many "young" bands at the moment who could fill Hyde Park who aren't already doing so, or haven't already done so recently... Foo Fighters maybe?! But with TCV on the go at the time, unlikely...

I think it'll be a "legend" again. They need it to swing the balance in their favour to get people down for the whole weekend.