Hard Rock Calling 2010

Guest chris1983

Great weekend as usual, Pearl Jam were unbelievably good and Stevie Wonder was fabulous (sadly I left just after 22:00 along with a ruck of people who'd had to put up with the chain weed smoking, football watching Yanks next to us - I was with my mate and his pregnant missus and despite moving we all felt rough and hacked off - I have nothing against people doing weed but when its enough to make half a dozen people feel sick its taking the p**s and if you want football don't head to the front) and Macca was unbelievably good.

All the supporting acts I watched were great, even JK who I can't stand normally. Sadly Elvis Costello didn't do Oliver's Army or any big numbers but was still good.

All the people complaining about the sound quality, it was fine the whole weekend from the places I was (except when the football cheer drowned out Elvis Costello for 2 mins). Maybe it was just a bad spot, I always aim for centre right of stage.

Also the couple of acts in the 2nd stage tent were great - Alejandro Escovedo, The Urban Voodoo Machine (who I've seen before and dragged people in from the footie), Maria Mena and Diane Birch.

Only let downs were the aforementioned Yanks spoiling the end of Saturday and someone trying to pick my pocket in the entrance queue - obviously never encountered Craghoppers as wallet was in a zipped pocket he never found.

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great weekend as usual, Pearl Jam were unbelievably good and Stevie Wonder was fabulous (sadly I left just after 22:00 along with a ruck of people who'd had to put up with the chain weed smoking, football watching Yanks next to us - I was with my mate and his pregnant missus and despite moving we all felt rough and hacked off - I have nothing against people doing weed but when its enough to make half a dozen people feel sick its taking the p**s and if you want football don't head to the front) and Macca was unbelievably good.

All the supporting acts I watched were great, even JK who I can't stand normally. Sadly Elvis Costello didn't do Oliver's Army or any big numbers but was still good.

All the people complaining about the sound quality, it was fine the whole weekend from the places I was (except when the football cheer drowned out Elvis Costello for 2 mins). Maybe it was just a bad spot, I always aim for centre right of stage.

Also the couple of acts in the 2nd stage tent were great - Alejandro Escovedo, The Urban Voodoo Machine (who I've seen before and dragged people in from the footie), Maria Mena and Diane Birch.

Only let downs were the aforementioned Yanks spoiling the end of Saturday and someone trying to pick my pocket in the entrance queue - obviously never encountered Craghoppers as wallet was in a zipped pocket he never found.

All three days were fantastic for me, some great supporting acts like Funeral Party but the the headliners were superb and look forward to seeing who plays next year.

Just waiting for the Bootleg of Pearl Jam's performance to be made available on their website and I'll buy that and I hope at least one of the headliners performances is released on DVD.

Just got back from London, had the best birthday ever, there are no words to describe how amazing Macca was! The whole thing was just perfect, the whole 3 hours....although hearing him play Maybe i'm Amazed and and I saw her standing there, would've been the cherry on top of the cake but nevermind. I was right at the front, in front of the big screen but still had a great view of Macca. I've been looking through my pics and my sister obviously spotted the Jonas Brothers so at least that made her day. I'm not sure if its still up on youtube or not but I know a few songs were on tv so I cannot wait to watvh it back again. So sad its all over now though, it feels like it happened forever ago!

I sat through unbearable heat, Crosby Stills & Nash, covered in dirt, sunburnt....but it was all worth it in the end :D