Hard Rock Calling 2010

Guest chris1983

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Pearl Jam are the only 'exclusive' headliners then it's going to be very difficult to sell 2x60,000 tickets in 3.5 months for headliners that might also be playing elsewhere, and that will have had their other major shows go on sale first. For me that points towards them having 2 other 'exclusives' in their belt somewhere...but time is moving on, and people might have spent all their money on the other festivals!

what about tom petty and the heartbreakers? on their site they posted something about a major announcement which most probably means 'tour announcement'. the only question is if they'll come to europe. (it's been 11 years since their last tour in europe). well you never know!

But if the final lineup is [pearl jam - tom petty and the heartbreakers - paul mccartney] , its gonna be a festival to die for!

:P hope dies last :P

Aerosmith are playing the 02 in London on the 15th of June. I'm not sure, but I'd say this makes them less likely, because 2 big concerts in London within a week of each other isn't the greatest marketing strategy.

Tom Petty has announced a U.S.A tour, leading up until the 25th of June, so he too is pretty unlikely.

Paul McCartney's announcing more dates by the day, I'd say the rumour could be true. I'm still wondering why he never played last year though, I thought Mr. eFests was pretty confident he would.

Aerosmith are playing the 02 in London on the 15th of June. I'm not sure, but I'd say this makes them less likely, because 2 big concerts in London within a week of each other isn't the greatest marketing strategy.

Tom Petty has announced a U.S.A tour, leading up until the 25th of June, so he too is pretty unlikely.

Paul McCartney's announcing more dates by the day, I'd say the rumour could be true. I'm still wondering why he never played last year though, I thought Mr. eFests was pretty confident he would.

[/quLast year AEG were producing his concerts, this year it is Live Nation.

He sells out Arena tours pretty well, and at the very least it should look good. Not sure how well his voice is holding out though. Meatloaf and Slash would be a line-up that I would see simply cos I'm in London anyway for that weekend - it's not the sort of line-up that would convince me to make the trip up from plymouth in the first place.

I actually get the feeling they might be struggling for headliners this year - either that or they are trying to get different headliners from the other fests after having two duplicates last year, not that I was fussed!

Hmm...the Scottish papers seem to think that McCartney will be officially announcing the Hampden Park date within the next 24 / 48 hours, along with other UK dates. I reckon that we might hear something within the next few days then to confirm him either way. I hope he's on the Sat when I already have Gaslight tickets!

He sells out Arena tours pretty well, and at the very least it should look good. Not sure how well his voice is holding out though. Meatloaf and Slash would be a line-up that I would see simply cos I'm in London anyway for that weekend - it's not the sort of line-up that would convince me to make the trip up from plymouth in the first place.

I actually get the feeling they might be struggling for headliners this year - either that or they are trying to get different headliners from the other fests after having two duplicates last year, not that I was fussed!

Enquiring minds want to know! I guess having the PJ announcment before Xmas just makes everything seem like it's taking longer.

I don't entirely reckon Slash could do a second on the bill slot without having a tip-top vocalist, and far *FAR* better songs than were on his first solo album.

14 yr old me is still disapointed with that pile of poop.

Enquiring minds want to know! I guess having the PJ announcment before Xmas just makes everything seem like it's taking longer.

I don't entirely reckon Slash could do a second on the bill slot without having a tip-top vocalist, and far *FAR* better songs than were on his first solo album.

14 yr old me is still disapointed with that pile of poop.

Having Slash on the bill would be good, Myles Kennedy of Alterbridge is the singer for his tour.

Also, it is his first solo album as the other albums were Slash's band.

Saw Meatloaf in 2008 in Plymouth, his band was excellent as were the female singers but his voice wasn't great so unless it has improved since then I wouldn't expect him to be great vocally.

Prehaps the last headliner is someone like AC/DC?

Edited by tricky106

ONLY SAID SLASH BECAUSE HE SAID SOMEWHERE HE IS PLAYING SOME UK FESTIVALS IN JUNE INCLUDING DOWNLOAD. THEN I JUST OFF THE TOP OF MY HAT TRIED TO THINK OF AN ARTIST WHICH WOULD COMPLEMENT SLASH AND HARDROCK. I think Paul and Vultures will definatly be announced tommorow.

The other headliner is bafferling, hopefully it is Roger Waters or David Gilmore, then again i know that is just a dream.