Guest chris1983

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

confirmed :P

http://www.hardrockcalling.co.uk/news/inde...eb-69ccddafefde

NEW ACTS CONFIRMED FOR FRIDAY 25 JUNE

Hard Rock International and Live Nation confirmed today that Ben Harper & Relentless7, The Hives and The Gaslight Anthem will be joining Pearl Jam and Wolfmother on Friday 25 June at Hard Rock Calling 2010. Tickets for Friday 25 June are on sale now.

Hard Rock Calling 2010 is already shaping up to be London’s ultimate festival and one of the top summer concert events. Last year’s festival saw three sold-out days and this year is set to follow with some really exciting announcements for Saturday and Sunday still to come! This will be the festival to go to this summer.

Back by popular demand Ben Harper & Relentless7 and The Gaslight Anthem will be hitting the main stage for a second year running. Having introduced his fiery new band at Hard Rock Calling 2009 Ben Harper & Relentless7 will be back to the UK to support his newly released live album and DVD. Blowing the sold-out crowds away with their very memorable duet with headliner Bruce Springsteen, The Gaslight Anthem were the 2009 ‘ones to watch’ and their performance proved the pre-show expectations. With a new album in the works, the band moving up the bill and is looking forward to another great year for these sons of New Jersey.

Headlining the Pepsi Max Stage will be Sweden’s finest export The Hives who return to our shores for what is bound to be a very memorable performance. Having been on hiatus since 2008 the Hate to Say I Told You So quintet are back and ready to perform once again. Currently in the rehearsal studio preparing their fourth much anticipated album, Hard Rock Calling will be the place to see the bands welcomed return to the UK this year.

Now in its fifth consecutive year, Hard Rock Calling has fully established itself as one of the UK’s premier outdoor music events. Past acts have included Aerosmith, Eric Clapton, The Who, Peter Gabriel, Roger Waters and The Police, who created what is now identified as the “must see” concert event on the UK festival circuit.

I'm not fussed about duplicates of last year when it's Harper and Gaslight. They went down so well last year, with both their profiles rising significantly, that it would be silly not to book them if they are in the country at the time. To be honest if they got rid of Wolfmother and added Fleet Foxes and Dave Matthews to the Pearl Jam day I'd drive up to London and hug each and every one of the bookers right now. I'd never seen Dave Matthews or Relentless 7 before the last festival (heard a few Matthews tracks, and seen Ben Harper years ago supporting Metallica of all people!) but they both blew me away and I'd be more than happy to watch them again.

I think with one or two exceptions that I've wiped from my mind, last years Sat and Sun main stage line-ups were some of the best and most coherent 'one-day festival' style line-ups I've seen in a very long time. It looked like genuine thought had gone into them. Apart from the twat that booked James Morrison.

Hoping for Midlake on the Pepsi stage this year. Coheed and Cambria are playing the Forum on the 24th, so I wonder if they will get a slot on the Sat or Sun, I think they'd go down well.

Edited by Guilt-Trip

He is.

HRC site reports the running order as;

PEARL JAM

Ben Harper + Relentless7

Wolfmother

The Gaslight Anthem

That seems about right for a 4pm start if all three supports get an hour with 30 min changeovers. Am I right in thinking the Friday last year started at 4? I was only there for the Sat and Sun.

Edited by judyblue110

OH DEAR GOD!!!

NOOOO!!

PLEASE NO!!!!!!

I TAKE BACK WHAT I SAID ABOUT BON JOVI! AND I'LL GET INTO GASLIGHT ANTHEM, I PROMISE!!!

JUST NOT KINGS OF LEON MR. HARD ROCK CALLING!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!! :P

I pray this is bollocks. After all, they said last year they would f*** off after they got crowd-raped at Leeds (or was it Reading)....

Kings of Leon seem to be playing Hyde Park - so I'm guessing Hard Rock Calling or Wireless or maybe their own shows i guess

On www.ticketqueen.com

it's basically a website that sells tickets, so i guess they've been told they've got an allocation and hadn't thought about KOL not having been announced yet.