actually sold out

Guest newagehippie

I have a theory...

Up until See showed it as SOLD OUT. the See site was under a lot of pressure. EVEN non Glastonbury booking pages could not be accessed (due to Glastonbury traffic). I think they would have to stop the traffic coming through the site after a reasonable time as all other ticket sales would be affected by the glastonbury traffic, which would be a huge loss of revenue for See.

So taking this into account I reckon more tickets will go onsale once the media hype has died down a little....

soz to tell you that the info I'm getting from all directions is that 130,000+ tickets were definitely sold yesterday. I believe what I'm being told.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ii thought the it was nearer 150,000 to 175,00. ?

The licenced number is 177,500.

Of that number, around 135,000 tickets are made available for sale, with the rest taken by performers, staff, kids, etc.

All of the tickets available for sale yesterday were sold - every last one of them is what I'm being told from various sources, and I believe those sources.

Hello ...been a long time since ive been on this site ..there will be tickits for sale ...during next couple of weeks for deposits not cleared etc ...then end of feb for some who cant afford the balance/change their minds (unlikely i klnow!!) and then in may for cancellations ...dont dispair ... im not ..twill be fine X

Waking up at 9am yesterday to buy tickets, i put in my registration number and postcode about 100 times, it said they wern't recognised. Convinced it wouldn't sell out today i thought id leave it till monday, apply for a registration number again and see what happens. Bad calls, won't make ti for first time in 8 years it seems:(.

That could be true. I've wanted to go to Glasto for a few years now but nobody would go, and then there's a good weather year I have a few folk to go with.

Also, looking at leeds. One year it was brilliant weather and we all were up for it the following year. 08 it was a total mudbath and did dampen the weekend quite a bit and we didn't want to go in 09.

I can't believe they sold out! I was also going to say something along the lines of "well, calm down everyone, there's no way over 100,000 people will buy tickets nearly nine months before the festival, it's just not realistic"

But there was a teeny part of my brain that said "what if they do though?" and this was only strengthened by peeps on here that were raring to go. Thanks to them I got sorted really!

Didn't book my ticket for 2009 until 17th November so I was very lax about getting tickets yesterday. Really should have tried harder. My own fault and I have no one else to blame.

No registration problems, nothing.

Well, maybe my girlfriend for carting me off to her mother's house when I should have been getting tickets.

Probably should have taken my laptop! :huh: