actually sold out

Guest newagehippie

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not trolling and no reason to lie - I got my 8 tickets at 9'ish this morning - I agree that it's now reading as SOLD OUT again but it wasn't for about a ten minute window there around 10.45pm. Maybe they just released a couple more where they are going through fixing errors and he got very lucky at the right moment!? Either way I saw him succesfully complete his transaction and all I'm saying is that if you're still after tickets then I'd suggest you keep an eye out!?

No consolation to those who have not got tickets but the 9am Sunday start is better than the 6pm Thursday night start with us all going in like zombies to work on Friday. 2004 - my god - I thought that night would never end. And only with the bypass of the load balancing servers that people posted did I get a ticket.....

With or without tickets at least we'll all sleep tonight!

I don't belive they have sold all the tickets or even the tickets allocated to the deposit scheme. I fear that the sold out banner is for the press followed by a very large and highly publicised resale that will ensure that the deposit scheme sells out early and GF can sit on the deposit money earning interest or saving the need to go in to the overdraft. Highly cynical of me but we will see. Oh and if the second sale does not do the trick heavy leaking of who the headliners are will do the trick.
Edited by marktea

The fact that Glasto is 'sold out' isnt strictly true.

I'd say it is truely sold out when all the tickets have been sold and fully paid for.

I reckon about 75% have just put £50 deposits down.

Come February there will be 1000's of tickets back on sale from people who havent paid the balance.

I don't really understand how people ended up buying only one ticket and yet are complaining about going alone.

If you want to go with someone specific, then you sort of need to try and book tickets together. And you have to be organised with registration and stuff. In recent history it's only been the last couple of years that Glasto has been easy for tickets.. prior to that, and for just about every other major festival, ticket buying is a bunfight.. you have to be prepared. And then of course it's the luck of the draw.

For those who didn't get tickets don't worry too much. There will have been plenty of errors today...If the ticket sale number goes by numbers rather than actual complete transactions then there will be tix available at some point. I for one have had 2 confirmation emails with 2 numbers so at least that's one extra ticket maybe...

I don't really understand how people ended up buying only one ticket and yet are complaining about going alone.

If you want to go with someone specific, then you sort of need to try and book tickets together. And you have to be organised with registration and stuff. In recent history it's only been the last couple of years that Glasto has been easy for tickets.. prior to that, and for just about every other major festival, ticket buying is a bunfight.. you have to be prepared. And then of course it's the luck of the draw.