Weather thread 2010

Guest remote

Wellies are a definite!! I had to buy new ones in the winter as my others died at Castle Cary last year on the way home. When I was choosing my new wellies, I was more concerned about whether they'd go with my Glastonbury wardrobe than anything else! (my Glasto wardrobe consists mainly of little dresses/tights. Small to pack, you see :-))

Hello niceandfriendly!!!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wellies are a definite!! I had to buy new ones in the winter as my others died at Castle Cary last year on the way home. When I was choosing my new wellies, I was more concerned about whether they'd go with my Glastonbury wardrobe than anything else! (my Glasto wardrobe consists mainly of little dresses/tights. Small to pack, you see :-))

there will be no rain, gorgeous sunshine, dry ground to sit on, a bit of dust, and plenty of al fresco drinking by the Red Flag. This will happpen, or I shall sulk like f**k.

there will be no rain, gorgeous sunshine, dry ground to sit on, a bit of dust, and plenty of al fresco drinking by the Red Flag. This will happpen, or I shall sulk like f**k.

Good Mr Wolf, you?

I trust you're going this year - my wife got so sick of my whining in 2009 that I'm back in the Vale of Avalon in June.

I'm not sure mate - job + baby = limited time to watch weather. May have to live in this thread instead.

Where are The Cars on the lineup? I thought we'd all agreed that last June.

now the lineups a corker ... let the sun come and play in the vale of avalon

NO RAIN

NO MUD

NO COMPROMISE :P

When was the last rain-free Glastonbury? Let's check back. Can someone please fill in the gaps for me?

2009 - rained on the Wednesday (?) night

2008 - rained on the Thursday night and Friday morning

2007 - rained and rained and rained between Thursday night and Monday with little rest

2006 - fallow year. Typically, red hot and dry.

2005 - rained EXTREMELY hard in the early hours of Friday morning.

2004 - rained most of Saturday and a bit of Sunday

2003 - ...............

2002 - ...............

2001 - fallow year.

2000 - rained on the Thursday night

1999 - ...............

1998 - mudbath

1997 - mudbath

1996 - fallow year

1995 - I believe the last proper scorcher.

So that's 15 years without a scorcher unless I'm mistaken? I'm not sure about the 3 years I've blanked out, but I'm sure there was SOME rain involved?

I know it's VERY unlikely for this country not to have rain for 5 straight days in June, but FIFTEEN YEARS?! That's a long time.

We're due a scorcher.

Edited by Langdale Wolf

When was the last rain-free Glastonbury? Let's check back. Can someone please fill in the gaps for me?

2009 - rained on the Wednesday (?) night

2008 - rained on the Thursday night and Friday morning

2007 - rained and rained and rained between Thursday night and Monday with little rest

2006 - fallow year. Typically, red hot and dry.

2005 - rained EXTREMELY hard in the early hours of Friday morning.

2004 - rained most of Saturday and a bit of Sunday

2003 - ...............

2002 - ...............

2001 - fallow year.

2000 - rained on the Thursday night

1999 - ...............

1998 - mudbath

1997 - mudbath

1996 - fallow year

1995 - I believe the last proper scorcher.

So that's 15 years without a scorcher unless I'm mistaken? I'm not sure about the 3 years I've blanked out, but I'm sure there was SOME rain involved?

I know it's VERY unlikely for this country not to have rain for 5 straight days in June, but FIFTEEN YEARS?! That's a long time.

We're due a scorcher.

So 2002 was pretty much the last completely dry one? Before that, 1999? Before that, 1995?

So we had a 4 year gap, then a 3 year gap and now we're on the EIGHTH year since a completely dry festival?

This is frankly unacceptable. We're certainly more than 'due' a dry one. We're f**king well OWED one.

So 2002 was pretty much the last completely dry one? Before that, 1999? Before that, 1995?

So we had a 4 year gap, then a 3 year gap and now we're on the EIGHTH year since a completely dry festival?

This is frankly unacceptable. We're certainly more than 'due' a dry one. We're f**king well OWED one.

Here here.

Being of the ginger persuasion, I go with a big sunhat and shed loads of factor 50. I would like to use all of it and have to wear my big sunhat all weekend please.

Why thank you! It is a magnificent hat. In fact, I may start a 'Big Silly Hat' hunt. If I start now, I'm bound to find one by June. We could compare Big Hats.

Fantastic.

Mr Wolf- anything for Sunshine! No pain, no gain and all that you know :-)

A bit of rain the day before (not too much, mind) so we can get the tent pegs in, then dry the rest of the time. I want to rock my festie uniform look of wellies/little dress/big hat :P