Suggestions for 2010

Guest ljsawyer

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More suggestions

DENGUE FEVER - suggested before, but just do it doesn't go amiss :)

THE BEAR QUARTET - please please please get these guys. They're Swedish and well, just plain brilliant. Oh, and Mattias Alkberg BD, Paddington DC and Paper can all play too, just to top it all off :)

Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan

A.A Bondy

Keziah Jones

Taken By Trees

Langhorne Slim

Soy Un Caballo somewhere other than The Tipi Tent

King Creosote

Willard Grant Conspiracy

AU again

Mando Diao?

Mount Eerie

White Denim, to liven up the party

Get Back Guinozzi!

Aterciopelados

Seun Kuti & Fela's Egypt 80!!!

El Guincho

Howlin' Rain (they owe us)

O'Death

Johnny Dowd

Death Vessel

Yep - PAVEMENT curating ATP 2010 at Butlins Minehead . . . Got my ticket anyone else going ?

Getting back to the mighty EOTR some of my fantasy festival 2010 would be . . .

Agnostic Mountain Gospel Choir

Bookhouse Boy

Cave Singers

Vic Chesnutt

Codes In The Clouds

Deep Dark Woods

Gary Higgins

Ida

Mojave 3

Be back later with more I'm sure

I only Left Handed Flange the once and they were fantastic live - (reminded me of Brakes live)

However sadly I'm pretty sure that Left Handed Flange are no longer playing.

Thier guitarist (and main creative force) (Freddie?) went on an extended vacation in Australia and ended up working for a sheep farmer and has never returned.

LHF then underwent a name change to "Eh" and have never really recovered.

Their keyboard player and drummer are working as a due on a cruise ship and when the band split their singer Christophe returned to working as an Accountant.

But yes Frogworthy - good choice - But you ever know - they may reuninte for a special festival?

No you're not and it would be my minor whinge about last year's Latitude (didn't go this year so apologies if very different). I am SURE that there would be plenty of people up for a 'proper' dance tent for some late night steam-letting-off after the bands finish. I am pretty sure that there would have been much less dancing and enthusiasm for the Saturday night Big Top sets if it hadn't been for the celebrity of the disc-spinners...

Ben

How about....

The Derisives

Goat Hooks

Taber & Sons

The Left-Handed Flange

Hans Kleismeister ( & Lottie )

Red, Red & Green

Spare Room (probably too weird)

The Probability Factor

Alice Bonne

Kleg Sak (Danish)

Soooop

The Other Cheek Turners

Freudian Slap

Toe Chutney

Philip Downes

Mavis

You say that Spare Room are probably too weird but I think the EOTR crowd are pretty liberal minded people so I'd like to think that they would appreciate something a little different.

I remember I saw Spare Room once and the drummer had brought along his dog (which looked a bit like an Irish Wolfhound) and sat it on the stage. Anyway halfway through a number the drummer and his dog started a staring contest with each other. Obviously the dog was used to this and just stared back but the problem was this was in the middle of the song and basically everything stopped until the staring competition was won (the dog did). This is typical of the way the Band stops halfway though a song if they are getting bored with it and start another one. Problem is that their sets can be quite shambolic and also short at times but at least its' different!

I was actually at the gig you mention and to this day I reckon that the dog was stuffed - no wonder it won a staring contest. Mind you, what they did with those venician blinds during the encore was mind blowing. Do you really think that the EOTR crowd are ready for that sort of thing?

Nailed on cert, I reckon. Teitur.

Just seen him at Cluny 2, absolutely stunning. Missed the strings from Latitude but the 4-piece band filled the gaps admirably. Perversely he is touring to support the release of his compilation album 'All My Mistakes' which features pre-'The Singer' material, not released in the UK.

I did tell him he would be playing EOTR next year and he didn't disagree, though, tbf, he had never heard of it. The Faroes must count as Scandinavian, surely?"?

The Cluny has a 'real cider' festival on at the moment so, to be honest, I am a bit hammered.

OK I have made up my mind...my fantasy would be Richard Hawley, The Duke & The King and Arcade Fire...followed by A Freudian Slap behind the garden stage....dont have a problem with the blinds but the dog isnt really my scene! No Dwarfs either.... I will be wearing my shoes!

• 2 weeks later...

The Boycott Coca Cola Experience

www.myspace.com/bcce

Sarcasm and environmentalism and charming domestic vignettes from whimsical blues philosopher; somewhere in between Ivor Cutler and Lightnin Hopkins

Duke Garwood

www.myspace.com/dukegarwood

Brixton’s Beefheart

Michael Rossiter

www.myspace.com/michaelrossiter

Bittersweet Fahey-style fingerpicking from Leeds. ‘My Dearest Dear’ was last year’s best folk album.

Smokey Angle Shades

Seen em twice now and they are a hoot, a rollicking unwashed parcel of rogues with lots of blarney and lots of tunes, like the Beach Boys if they had Steve Harley and maybe Chas’n’Dave in them.

www.myspace.com/smokeyangleshades

And I still haven’t seen Micachu & the Shapes live yet. That would be good.