Suggestions for 2010

Guest ljsawyer

Yes it's early but I can't help thinking about what acts I'd like to see next year :P So here's a list of my hopefuls

Wilco

The Flaming Lips

Tindersticks

Centro-matic

Dengue Fever (kept hearing them being played over the sound system and thought about how awesome they'd be)

The Invisible

Portico Quartet

The Bear Quartet

Jayme Stone

Breathe Owl Breathe

Broken Social Scene

Dinosaur Jr.

Built To Spill

Clinic

Destroyer

Field Music

Horse Feathers

Howe Gelb

Midlake

My Morning Jacket

Nortec Collective

Punch Brothers

Saxon Shore

Secret Machines

Seu Jorge

The Silent League

Slim Cessna's Auto Club

Jay Munly

Spoon

Starlight Mints

Stars of the Lid

Suburban Kids With Biblical Names

Toumani Diabaté

TV On The Radio

The Wave Pictures

Willard Grant Conspiracy

Woven Hand

Yndi Halda

Yo La Tengo

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it's early but I can't help thinking about what acts I'd like to see next year :rolleyes: So here's a list of my hopefuls

Wilco

The Flaming Lips

Tindersticks

Centro-matic

Dengue Fever (kept hearing them being played over the sound system and thought about how awesome they'd be)

The Invisible

Portico Quartet

The Bear Quartet

Jayme Stone

Breathe Owl Breathe

Broken Social Scene

Dinosaur Jr.

Built To Spill

Clinic

Destroyer

Field Music

Horse Feathers

Howe Gelb

Midlake

My Morning Jacket

Nortec Collective

Punch Brothers

Saxon Shore

Secret Machines

Seu Jorge

The Silent League

Slim Cessna's Auto Club

Jay Munly

Spoon

Starlight Mints

Stars of the Lid

Suburban Kids With Biblical Names

Toumani Diabaté

TV On The Radio

The Wave Pictures

Willard Grant Conspiracy

Woven Hand

Yndi Halda

Yo La Tengo

Decemberists,Band of Horses ,Beirut..........................and a Jeff Mangum accoustic set with me at the front :rolleyes:

the divine comedy please. Had a good old singalong to a compilation of theirs on the way home, and would love to see them there.

Sufjan also, although maybe he's too big now? Hope not. Maybe just a heap of the Asthmatic Kitty bands would be good.

So many good suggestions! Every post makes me more excited for another year of it...

Final Fantasy

The Divine Comedy

Beirut

M Ward

Panda Bear/AC

The National

Midlake

The Unthanks

Wooden Shjips

Super Furry Animals

Of course Sufjan, Wilco, Portishead or a reformed Neutral Milk Hotel would be incredible, but no bigger band would be worth expanding the festival - it's the perfect size as it is.

I don't know whether any of you saw the list of bands they approached for this year but were unable to get. Most of the names mentioned here were in the list. Although disappointing, it's promising to know that Sofia and Simon know what we punters would like. Only concern is that the reason for not getting these bands is due to cost.

Thee More Shallows for next year though. I said it this year and I'll say it again for next.

I never want things not to be nice by any means! I guess I just like people to show due consideration for others - so for those that have to walk through the valley of ankles/crocs/boxes of Weston's are allowed some free passage and aren't given short shrift if they step on someone's anniversary present from the Edinburgh Wool Mill! Still, it's far more polite than the real world I guess

Hmmm.... who to recommend....:

- The Waifs (I believe they might be 'on hiatus' at the mo but might well not be by then)

- David Ford

- Frank Turner

- Stagecoach

- June Madrona

- Two Cow Garage

- Dexy & The Hand Me Downs*

*(These are some mates of mine, but trust me when I say they're really damn good, it's not just me bigging 'em up)

I think that I stood on someone on sunday night.... Its just that I have limited nightime vision due to eye problems and its really really difficult to get around without standing on something/one. I am not sure how anyone could expect it to be otherwise. Im not sure if the floor in the dark at a gig is the best place to put your kids/granny/best picnic blanket

eels

decemberists

Sufjan stevens

the national

guillemots

king khan and the shrines

broken records

twilight sad

frightened rabbit

frank turner

cut///copy

the dears

jason lytle

school of seven bells

dear reader

mobius band

the veils

but i'll probably have a completely different list by January let alone next September!!!!

but one very difficult but, if they could pull it off, ultimate dream.......to close the sunday night......

The Polyphonic Spree