Red Hot Chilli Peppers Now VERY likey

Guest mike99

look im not doubting they are very talented in their own right, but they are not as good as they think they are...including flea...ive seen much better bass players from much smaller bands..

they just dont cut it live, my opinion, if they were that good they could pull it off....frusciante is capable of being a great guitarist, but he isnt what i would call i natural guitarist, he has to think too much when jamming, which is why it turns out shit....

Edited by inspectedinspector

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aww to the guy who said send them up north! get tae f**k! haha i'm most happy with wot there doing the now. nothing! expect saying there going to do something and then don't.

and for the 40th glastonbury i don't think for a minute that red hot chilli peppers will headline.

the proclaimers have a better chance at headlining than they do.

I saw the first 3 songs maybe and decided they weren't doing it for me either, so I went off and saw UNKLE (brilliant) so I didn't see that jam, but I've seen them do others that were good. I don't understand why everyone complains about it so much, yeah they should have been miles better, but surely you could have gone somewhere else rather than sticking with it...? Having said that, by memory the View were in NME tent... :lol:

I've seen them three times; Hyde Park, which will always remain special to me as it was my first big gig and the setting was beautiful, Earls Court on the Stadium Arcadium tour which I also loved and then the beginning of Reading 2007 set and I didn't want to ruin good memories/ listening to them on record :(

aww to the guy who said send them up north! get tae f**k! haha i'm most happy with wot there doing the now. nothing! expect saying there going to do something and then don't.

and for the 40th glastonbury i don't think for a minute that red hot chilli peppers will headline.

the proclaimers have a better chance at headlining than they do.

• 2 months later...

Nothing new we didnt know but still puts them as a potntial headliner

Red Hot Chili Peppers have announced plans for their new album.

The band who are currently working on a follow-up to 2006's 'Stadium Arcadium', have revealed that a new album could be released by October 2010.

"We're gonna write for a while, it usually takes us a while" drummer Chad Smith told Clash Magazine , before speculating that a release date for the album would be "Some time next year, maybe this time [next year]".

Also asked if Flea's experience working with Thom Yorke might affect the band's new material, Smith said the bassist had given him a CD of electronic beats to inspire him but that, at the moment, there wasn't an explicit electronic direction.

"You never know. We've got songs with piano on them right now, so who knows." He added.

Breaking the Girl was a good song. And I quite liked Mother's Milk.

Didn't Eavis say he wouldn't have them because they made music for children? I think that will mean that there is no chance. Thankfully. They have been shit for years.

Edited by sifimaster

Nothing new we didnt know but still puts them as a potntial headliner

Red Hot Chili Peppers have announced plans for their new album.

The band who are currently working on a follow-up to 2006's 'Stadium Arcadium', have revealed that a new album could be released by October 2010.

"We're gonna write for a while, it usually takes us a while" drummer Chad Smith told Clash Magazine , before speculating that a release date for the album would be "Some time next year, maybe this time [next year]".

Also asked if Flea's experience working with Thom Yorke might affect the band's new material, Smith said the bassist had given him a CD of electronic beats to inspire him but that, at the moment, there wasn't an explicit electronic direction.

"You never know. We've got songs with piano on them right now, so who knows." He added.

Didn't Eavis say he wouldn't have them because they made music for children?

It was reported that he'd said something along those lines, yep. :D

With that, and being supposedly knocked back a few years ago when they offered to play for free (tho that was cos the headliners were already in place), I'm not sure that Glastonbury would be high on the Chili's choices even if they were wanted by Glastonbury.

I remember starting a thread on the Reading forum after I had been to Reading just on a day ticket to see them and Arcade Fire, I have been to a lot of gigs, and RHCP at Reading is without doubt the biggest load of garbage gig I have ever witnessed. Appaling. Keep them away from Glasto please!!

I know their performance at Reading was shit and all but I would really like to see them, they've got some great tunes and as long as the setlist was filled with older stuff I think they could put on a great show.

I don't really think they're "music for children" (Eavis likes Duffy for f**ks sake) and while they're never gonna be a Zeppelin or a Bowie they could still deliver a good headline slot, pretty classy of them to offer to play for free aswell.

Controversial?