Planning Obsession

Guest worthyraver

It has not even been a month since Glastonbury ended, and has that time dragged or what, this just leaves another 11 months, 337 days, to go until we all return. It is too early to start Glastobating, ticket sales presumably will be October again, even that is a while away.

Trying desperately not to start planning for next year, that has not been 100% successful as I can tell you the tipis in the park are 5.5 meters in diameter, does not sound big enough for six people to me, we had own our tipi style tent this year and that was 5.5 meters across, with four people in that it was getting crowded.

It is always more bearable when we actually break into 2010, then this years festival becomes last years festival, and this years festival is in the future not the past and six months away, then the real planning can start.

I think I may need professional help before I open up Glastoearth again.

I have even written a document I called Glastonbury Framework 2010, detailing where we will be camping, what we will be drinking and when, it includes such gems as the sunrise times and possible England football match times. I have been to Glastonbury enough times to release this document is totally worthless, does not stop me writing though.

Any one else this obsessed not just with the Glastonbury experience but planing for it as well?

I wish I could just put it down for a bit. I know it would be better for me. i don't even know what I'm doing here now really. Sometimes I have to remind myself that i am no longer in the buikd up - it's been and gone!

I have also started planning for next year - mainly because we'll be trying to campervan it and that has it's own logistical challenges but still.

I find myself saying stuff like "Shall we take wine instead of lager next year?" .....and then, in town on Saturday I stopped my partner to look at a 4 man tent. We currently have a 6-man for 2 of us which is far too big but it was the smallest we could get with standing room. Then I saw this 4 man tent with standing room and I had to go and look at it. He was like "We're going in a campervan next year anyway" and "Aren't we just going to use the 6 man til it disintegrates after that?" but I was still "Yes but that will be ideal for AFTER THAT!" I mean - lets face it, the older we get, the harder it'll be to carry and put up such a massive tent and having looked into campervans I'm not seeing it as economically viable year on year and.......wtf is the matter with me?

He loves Glastonbury but I'm driving him mad!

I wish I could just put it down for a bit. I know it would be better for me. i don't even know what I'm doing here now really. Sometimes I have to remind myself that i am no longer in the buikd up - it's been and gone!

I have also started planning for next year - mainly because we'll be trying to campervan it and that has it's own logistical challenges but still.

I find myself saying stuff like "Shall we take wine instead of lager next year?" .....and then, in town on Saturday I stopped my partner to look at a 4 man tent. We currently have a 6-man for 2 of us which is far too big but it was the smallest we could get with standing room. Then I saw this 4 man tent with standing room and I had to go and look at it. He was like "We're going in a campervan next year anyway" and "Aren't we just going to use the 6 man til it disintegrates after that?" but I was still "Yes but that will be ideal for AFTER THAT!" I mean - lets face it, the older we get, the harder it'll be to carry and put up such a massive tent and having looked into campervans I'm not seeing it as economically viable year on year and.......wtf is the matter with me?

Edited by miniand

We looked at campervans after 07 and after a short time discovered that unless you plan to use a campervan frequently or as a daily driver it's going to be expensive.

Caravans,apart from initially being cheaper to buy you don't need to tax and insure a caravan or mot it.

Just get a towbar fitted to your car and away you go (slower than usual but away you go) Caravans can be bought from a couple of hundred upwards, if you havn't got room at home storage can be had for about £20 monthly, a lot of campsites do storage, use a fairly local one and you can use the caravan every weekend, loads of people from plymuff have caravans in cornwall used every weekend and school hols etc.

Edited by pineapple-tea

Didn't mean to turn this into a campervan thread!

Anyway - we've decided to try and pay someone to let us borrow theirs. I know 2 people who have one and there are another 2 parked outside houses nearby. Thats a start!

We're going to end up in the tent again aren't we?

Anyway - we've decided to try and pay someone to let us borrow theirs. I know 2 people who have one and there are another 2 parked outside houses nearby. Thats a start!

It has not even been a month since Glastonbury ended, and has that time dragged or what, this just leaves another 11 months, 337 days, to go until we all return. It is too early to start Glastobating, ticket sales presumably will be October again, even that is a while away.

Trying desperately not to start planning for next year, that has not been 100% successful as I can tell you the tipis in the park are 5.5 meters in diameter, does not sound big enough for six people to me, we had own our tipi style tent this year and that was 5.5 meters across, with four people in that it was getting crowded.

It is always more bearable when we actually break into 2010, then this years festival becomes last years festival, and this years festival is in the future not the past and six months away, then the real planning can start.

I think I may need professional help before I open up Glastoearth again.

I have even written a document I called Glastonbury Framework 2010, detailing where we will be camping, what we will be drinking and when, it includes such gems as the sunrise times and possible England football match times. I have been to Glastonbury enough times to release this document is totally worthless, does not stop me writing though.

Any one else this obsessed not just with the Glastonbury experience but planing for it as well?

Well...I think I win...

was already planning Glastonbury 2010 camp the night before this year's festival even started!!!

We were at the Rifleman's all getting really rather excited about the Scout Camp plans! A day doesnt go past when something Glasto related gets filed away in me brain!

Planning obsession...this is ME we are talking about! :blink:

I reckon I spent too long planning this year, and although it was great, it didn't hit the freewheeling heights of 08. I might stay off here a bit more in the immediate lead up to next years

of course it's all more organised than my early 90s adventures where i'd just decide to go, pick up a big bag of speed, a sleeping bag and just go.

Well...I think I win...

was already planning Glastonbury 2010 camp the night before this year's festival even started!!!

We were at the Rifleman's all getting really rather excited about the Scout Camp plans! A day doesnt go past when something Glasto related gets filed away in me brain!

Planning obsession...this is ME we are talking about! :P

I have now added a section to my "Glastonbury Framework 2010" document called:

Mistakes:

Containing such gems as:

(i) After getting bored with the boss, should have gone to dance village for 2manyDJs

and many more which I am not prepared to share, that was 30 minutes of my day today that I will never see again!!!