Acoustic Stage

Guest toooldtoknowbetter

Most disappointing venue - the Acoustic Stage.

Why? Because it slopes downhill, so if you are near the back, all you see is a sea of heads curving away from you over the horizon, with a glimpse of the performer's scalp if you're lucky. Given that a lot of performers in here will play sitting down, why not have the stage three feet higher? Maybe I was in a bad spot (near the back, on the right). Otherwise, I love the Acoustic field - but it was better without the Cinema Tent blocking the view of the site.

Why? Because it slopes downhill, so if you are near the back, all you see is a sea of heads curving away from you over the horizon, with a glimpse of the performer's scalp if you're lucky. Given that a lot of performers in here will play sitting down, why not have the stage three feet higher? Maybe I was in a bad spot (near the back, on the right). Otherwise, I love the Acoustic field - but it was better without the Cinema Tent blocking the view of the site.

Next year, they could maybe swop them round - so the Acoustic stage is at the bottom - would solve all of the above - although the backstage area would not be next to the stage then.

Not ideal having a cinema there.

Edited by denwyn

I had no idea the cinema had been moved until I read this thread!!

They HAVE to put it back next year when the World Cup is on. Otherwise, it's going to be carnage.

Scott Matthews was nearly totally ruined by sound bleed from elsewhere in the Acoustic Tent this year.

Dreadful.

I had no idea the cinema had been moved until I read this thread!!

They HAVE to put it back next year when the World Cup is on. Otherwise, it's going to be carnage.

World Cup will prob be main stage...and maybe even regardless of when and who may be on...apart from big headliners...and only if England are playing. Glasto dursnt bother with any other matches. Bands have not gone on in the past cos England were playing...see James in 98...Rolf didnt stop tho...he was playing in the Acoustic and I couldnt see him cos there was a massive slope and thousands of bods sheltering from the wettening outside! :P

If England were to play between Friday and Sunday of Glasto, the games would either be between 5.00 - 7.00, or 7.30 - 9.30 so it wouldn't clash with the main headliners.

I just hope they play on Wednesday or Thursday so no music is compromised and we can all gather together to watch it and go mad. :P

Only disappointing thing about the acoustic stage for me was the size of the crowd for Tindersticks, couldn't have been more than 100 people. Walked straight up to the front of the stage mid set. They were fantastic by the way, but I wonder how disappointing it is for the band to see such a small crowd. I guess they couldn't really sound much more miserable anyway.