Glastonbury to start Tuesday in 2010?

Guest UEF

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish they'd open it Tuesday just for memebers of efestivals... That'd solve it for me :D

There is no chance on this planet they'll open on a Tues. They have a hard enough time getting the license as it is. Even if they did, imagine how much the price of a ticket would rise having to pay for all the extra police and security. Keep as it is, accept you'll have to queue. In fact, I'd revert back to days gone by and have no entertainment at all on the Wed or Thurs... acting as a very small deterrent for those have to be entertained, rather than just chilling and chatting.

I think the problem is, the price of a ticket is that of a week in Spain... so peeps want to get their moneys worth by traveling down on a wed.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, I strongly disagree that there should be different ticketing days for those traveling by car and those traveling by public transport. However, its an empty debate as it is just not going to happen!

Edited by cejx

I'm surprised at some of the negative remarks. I don't think there's 'no chance on this planet' either... it may not happen for next year but I suspect it will sometime in the future. I don't get why (who said?) it is a 'stupid idea'.... it's really not that crazy or ridiculous!

I think the only way this could work would be if we had someone headlining the pyramid stage on thursday night. No bands on the pyramid stage during the day just a band in the night to get the party started, I'm thinking Daft Punk or Macca.

Cheers,

BlackHole2006

I don't think the ticket price would have to rise as the stall holders would have their prices raised (not masivly the first year) and if acts are playing they will be paid very little. The only extra expence would be litter collection and toilet cleaning (wages covered by charity workers) and electricity for pumps and lighting ect.

Another day means more money and more time off work, thats an economic fact, 35-40-50-60 quid, what ever you choose to spend, I struggled to get by this year like many others. If you're comfortably off, or bank rolled by benevolent parents then good luck to you, just remember those who are not and have to think about the costs of next years festival from the day the last one ends.

I do think that opening for Tuesdays if people come by public transport or even if you want to come Tuesday then you have to pay say an extra £10 - £20. I bet about 80% of people were on site by the end of Wed so it seems common sense to do something to ease the traffic.

And besides if they open Tuesday it means an extra day of Brothers Cider