Muse Tipped for special guest at Park on saturday?

Guest drewsstrat

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am pretty sure Kaiser Chiefs were down for friday on the pyramid but cancelled. Dunno if that makes them any more or less likely, but I'm pretty sure it won't be them. Kaiser Chiefs are a big band but they don't have many actual fans, more casual listeners. The health and safety thing suggests someone bigger than Franz Ferdinand last year, and someone with some hardcore fans.

Edited by pedmills

I can't imagine Michael Eavis using Twitter, although it's not that hard a strech that it's just a PR guy ghost-twittering on his behalf. If it is an elaborate hoax by an obsessive Muse fan, or an elborate hoax to wind-up up obsessive Muse fans - of which there are many - then it does seem rather slow burnig.

He first tweets on the seventh, 5-6 tweets spread out quite a bit, as you could imagine being the case of Michael, and then all of a sudden this? If it was a simple wind-up, wouldn't you go straight in with the bait, or if you wanted to add some other tweets to make it more believable, would you really spread them out over three weeks for such little buzz?

I think it's still unlikely, but not as unlikely as some think. I used to be a huge fan of theirs, still am to an extent, though I've grown out of their music hugely since seeing them at Wembley Stadium, but it would be a lovely surprise that I wouldn't pass up!

Perhaps it a ploy to make us forget the impending bad weather forecast..... And I though it was 'sun sun sun' 'fun fun fun' we are looking at 'rain' (cryptic message to All you Quo fans :P )

Wed Cloudy sun, Thurs sun/showers, Friday rain, sat rain, Sunday Fog/rain (weather channel at 4.20pm)

Looks quite thundery here in South wales , lets hope it blasts the atmosphere into that black hole!

I'm feeling rather smug I started this thread now (yet probably the jury's out whether I believe it)

The press is on to it (albeit 5 hours later :P ) And Official source have NOT denied it (but also are unlikely to confirm

From Gigwise;

Muse To Play Park Stage At Glastonbury Festival?

There is growing speculation...

by Jason Gregory

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Photo by: Shirlaine Forrest

More Glastonbury Festival

Line Up 2009

Line Up 2008

There is growing speculation that Muse will make a special guest appearance at the Glastonbury Festival this weekend.

The band, who release new album 'The Resistance' in September, could appear as 'special guests' on The Park Stage on Friday or Saturday.

A cryptic message posted on a Twitter page credited to organiser Michael Eavis appeared to suggest Muse would be appearing.

The message said: “We have had some resistance from the black holes forming around the Park Stage, hopefully we should have that sorted before you all arrive!”

A Glastonbury festival spokesperson was unavailable for comment on the matter when contacted by Gigwise.

Another spokesperson said they had no knowledge about the Twitter account.

Glastonbury organiser Emily Eavis announced in May that a special guest band act appear on The Park Stage over the festival weekend.

But she refused the name them because of health and safety concerns.

She told the BBC: “I don't think it will ever be announced. It will just happen for those people that happen to be there, hopefully for the people that are fans of the band.”

At present, there are two vacant 'special guests' slots scheduled for The Park Stage on Friday and Saturday.

The festival, which gets under way on Friday, will be headline by Bruce Springsteen, Blur and Neil Young.

Edited by drewsstrat

And Official source have NOT denied it (but also are unlikely to confirm

if you knew the Glasto press guys then you'd know that they wouldn't bother. They'd be sat their rolling their eyes thinking "this guy is nuts, lets make him more nuts". :P

The "Another spokesperson said they had no knowledge about the Twitter account" is, from them, a definite denial.

A moderator on the official Muse forums posted some more cryptic stuff that would seem to hint at this happening. After someone posted the news story from gigwise he said 'It seems to be going ahead', someone asked him if he ment Muse at Glastonbury and he replied 'Wait and See :P'

I don't know if a mod would know if Muse were going to play or not though, I'm trying to remain skeptical and level-headed.