Emily worry

Guest denwyn

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I fear the Emily Glastonbury for the simple reason she's not proved herself yet (in terms of Glastonbury music vibe/taste) - right now I don't think her taste varies enough but I'm hoping to be proved wrong.

Her taste (again, imo) seems to modern indie pop for my liking - leave that to V etc.

Glastonbury is about more than the music, granted, but that excuse is used more and more as the years go on and I get bored with it.

Leftfield was removed because it wasn't financially viable, it wouldn't have been EE saying "Who cares about politics, let's just get rid of it!"

And how the hell is the Park only indie pop? It has quite a diverse range of acts, especially compared to the JP and Other Stages.

The range of acts playing Glastonbury WON'T CHANGE. Each stage is booked by an official stage booker, with the main acts being booked by her. If you are worried about the Pyramid Stage being full of landfill indie then maybe you should look at this years Pyramid stage lineup. It is very diverse.

I fear the Emily Glastonbury for the simple reason she's not proved herself yet (in terms of Glastonbury music vibe/taste) - right now I don't think her taste varies enough but I'm hoping to be proved wrong.

Her taste (again, imo) seems to modern indie pop for my liking - leave that to V etc.

Glastonbury is about more than the music, granted, but that excuse is used more and more as the years go on and I get bored with it.

Edited by pedmills

Nah from interviews and from the park, you can tell she knows exactly what Glastonbury is about and will continue to make sure Glastonbury is not just another Reading. No one has anything to be worried about.

Just be thankful that its Emily taking over. If she wasn't around then the festival would probably either be cancelled or be run by someone who would turn it into an average commercial major festival.

And since she is young, the festival looks to have at least 10 more years in it, if not 20 or 30...

It's pretty clear where the festival is headed

Removal of Leftfield

Workers Beer Company can't afford to do Glasto much longer & are cutting back.. others will get their job - other non ethical companies

Jay-Z and other acts who spread a less than loving vibe (genre is irrelevant)

More and more burger vans and less of the greenfields style wholesome bargains

almost £200 a ticket

Michael had to stop one day and at least Emily has been there from the start and will try (hopefully) to keep festival republic and the like in check for as long as poss.

Edited by mimis

Have just been reading the announcment that Mr Eavis is stepping down after next years Glastonbury and handing it all over to Emily....http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/news/20090622_glastonbury.shtml

What do you think?...Myself i have a fear that it will all change,and not for the better, it was her who brought a HIP HOP Headliner in last year, i hope i'm not wrong but i do feel that she will not be good for the future of Glastonbury.

;):P:D:D:P

dont see a problem with it, i think it'll be good to have a slightly new direction

Leftfield was removed because it wasn't financially viable, it wouldn't have been EE saying "Who cares about politics, let's just get rid of it!"

And how the hell is the Park only indie pop? It has quite a diverse range of acts, especially compared to the JP and Other Stages.

The range of acts playing Glastonbury WON'T CHANGE. Each stage is booked by an official stage booker, with the main acts being booked by her. If you are worried about the Pyramid Stage being full of landfill indie then maybe you should look at this years Pyramid stage lineup. It is very diverse.