Bingley Live Music Festival 2009

Guest biglebowski86

Has anyone been to this festival before? I hadn't even heard of it until today when I was on the Ocean Colour Scene website. It's only £25 for the full weekend, and has OCS, Zutons, Doves, Calvin Harris, Sunshine Underground and Reverend and the Makers. As there are so many festies going bust it's made me a little nervous about buying tix for things, but the line up for the price seems pretty amazing.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone been to this festival before? I hadn't even heard of it until today when I was on the Ocean Colour Scene website. It's only £25 for the full weekend, and has OCS, Zutons, Doves, Calvin Harris, Sunshine Underground and Reverend and the Makers. As there are so many festies going bust it's made me a little nervous about buying tix for things, but the line up for the price seems pretty amazing.

Edited by she bangs the drums

It's run by Bradford Council and they are not trying to make a profit, just cover the cost of staging the event so that's why it's only £25, this year there are bands on the Friday night too and that nights free!

This event has run at the park for years and used to be promoted by local radio who put on crap pop bands mimeing to their hits, but it's now run much more as a mainstream rock festival, they have improved the facilities from a couple of years ago (the bar situation was a joke) but they never have enough toilets (last year there were no urinals so everyone had to queue for the cubicles) but overall well worth going.

• 2 weeks later...

I went last year, there were no queues for the bar, and you got money back on your "glass". kids did well collecting "glasses" and made a good profit :huh:

There was a great line up last year, including happy monday, echo and the bunnymen, alabama 3, terrorvision, king blues, infadels, the automatic etc etc (and it only cost £12 for the weekend last year :) )

There is no camping but the train station is just over the road, with campsites not far from other stations

<from their website>

We recommend Riverside Caravan and Campsite. Nestled in the village of Cononley, just 1 minute walk from Cononley station and just a 15 minute train ride to Bingley (see campsite number one below).

</from their website>

We have our tickets booked

Just bought two tickets. No one to go with as yet and no plans for camping/hotel/anything, but at that price for such a great lineup I'd be a fool not to go.

Might have a look at the campsite suggested on TOS, anyone any experience getting the train back after the show finishes?

Just bought two tickets. No one to go with as yet and no plans for camping/hotel/anything, but at that price for such a great lineup I'd be a fool not to go.

Might have a look at the campsite suggested on TOS, anyone any experience getting the train back after the show finishes?

Thanks for the info, thinking I'll camp and it's good to hear that the train was quite, I'll need a seat after 9 hours on my feet.

Guest house is interesting, I've a couple of "non festy" friends who want to try a small festival and that would be ideal for them, just get them in the swing of spending 9 hours in a field before taking on camping.

Cheers

Uni

Still hoping to get to this, and i'll probably go for the camping option this year too. Is this the campsite you're thinking of?...

http://www.365hq.com/riverside_campsite.htm

Oh and airds, we made it to Fannys Alehouse last year, ended up having to stop an extra night because of the place B) What a fantastic little pub, although i hold it entirely to blame for my ongoing Westons addiction :(

At the moment trying to blag some freebies (won em last year).

Traffic is busy - but we walked back to Saltaire last year - bit wet but didn't take too long - Shipley is not much further along so either train/bus/walking is doable.

Another vote for Fanny's - good beer, love upstairs! Have been known to curl up on the comfy chairs and almost fall asleep drinking lovely beer.

At the moment trying to blag some freebies (won em last year).

Traffic is busy - but we walked back to Saltaire last year - bit wet but didn't take too long - Shipley is not much further along so either train/bus/walking is doable.

Another vote for Fanny's - good beer, love upstairs! Have been known to curl up on the comfy chairs and almost fall asleep drinking lovely beer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...