Ufc

just/john

Lesnar got f**ked up, im shocked just how easy it was. Gunna take a while to repair that reputation, think he should do a lot of easy fights and destroy some people, Id like to see him have a bout every two-three months and just roll through some guys. Show his dominance

What's the point in giving him a load of easy fights, it won't show his dominance as everyone knows they were easy fights. If he wants to show his dominance then he needs to keep fighting the top end, tough opponents.

I'm definitely looking forward to watching Velasquez v Dos Santos early next year.

Cus to me it seemed he had NO confidence in that fight, he needs to build it back up

I wouldn't say he had no confidence. Velasquez has a great stand up game and is very fast and I reckon Lesnar's game plan was to shoot for a takedown straight away and use his weight advantage on the ground and start to ground and pound and wear Velasquez down. You could see this as Lesnar went straight for the takedown and kept going for it, but the problem was Velasquez kept stuffing them or getting straight back up and in the process doing some damage to Lesnar on the way up.

At the end of the day, Brock got beat by a man who blasted through everyone apart from Kongo, who he still dominated.

Brock would hammer pretty much everyone in the division, the only exceptions being Cain (obviously), Alastair Overeem, Carwin (already beaten) and Fedor (and no one really knows what Fedor has these days). He's destroyed Mir and Couture, and beat Carwin. Its not like he should be thrown in there with Kimbo. Even fighters like Cro Cop, Nogeuira, Kongo etc are a step below Brock, although the Nig and Cro Cop fights do have a certain name attraction to them.

Anyway, its 90% likely that its Lesnar v Mir 3 next, which Lesnar should win pretty handily, then a rematch with Cain.

UFC *really* needs to reach out to Alistair Overeem and get him in.

Cain v Junior should be good. We might finally get to see Cain v Carwin as well.

Brock v Big Country? :P

Yeah Velasquez v Dos Santos should be a great fight. Would definitely like to see Velasquez v Carwin as well.

Haha, I was actually thinking that myself, would be quite an interesting match-up :lol:

Yeah Velasquez v Dos Santos should be a great fight. Would definitely like to see Velasquez v Carwin as well.

Haha, I was actually thinking that myself, would be quite an interesting match-up :lol:

Just noticed Carwin has pulled out of the fight against Nelson. Hopefully they get in someone decent as a replacement.

Just heard this

''A press release today revealed that UFC President Dana White will make a major announcement during a media conference call this Thursday.

A source in UFC has revealed that Anderson Silva vs. Georges St. Pierre may be in the pipeline for next year, but is unlikely to be the announcement.''

There's a lot of speculation on whether GSP will move up to middleweight or not. I hope he does as I would love to see Anderson Silva v GSP, it would be an amazing fight and hopefully GSP would kick Silva's ass.

Brock Lesnar: Suspended 180 days with no contact for 180 days due to possible eye injuries, though he can be cleared early by an ophthalmologist. 60-day suspension with no contact for 60 days due to a left-cheek laceration.

Jake Shields: Suspended 180 days with no contact for 180 days due to bleeding of the eye and blurred vision. He, too, can be cleared early by an ophthalmologist.

Diego Sanchez: Possible right-wrist fracture, which resulted in his 180-day suspension. He can be cleared early by a physician.

Court McGee: 180-day suspension due to a possible right-hand fracture. He can be cleared early by a physician. 45-day suspension with no contact for 30 days for precautionary reasons.

Patrick Cote: 180-day suspension due to a possible eye injury. An ophthalmologist can clear him early.

Paulo Thiago: Suspended 60 days with no contact for 60 days due to a laceration; can be cleared early

Tito Ortiz: Suspended 45 days with no contact for 30 days for precautionary reasons

Brendan Schaub: Suspended 45 days with no contact for 30 days for precautionary reasons

Gabriel Gonzaga: Suspended 45 days with no contact for 30 days for precautionary reasons

Ryan Jensen: Suspended 45 days with no contact for 30 days for precautionary reasons

Chris Camozzi: Suspended 60 days with no contact for 60 days due to a left-brow laceration; can be cleared early

Dongi Yang: Suspended 45 days with no contact for 30 days for precautionary reasons

Gilbert Yvel: Suspended 45 days with no contact for 30 days for precautionary reasons

Usual stuff that happens after a fight.

These annoucements are never fight related, it'll be opening an office somewhere.

GSP wont be fighting Anderson Silva anytime soon, he's got Koscheck and then Jake Shields.

Erm... ok.

WEC IS MERGING WITH UFC. WHOOP!

Seriously, if you've never seen WEC, f**k me where do you start? Check out the entire Aldo v Brown show, the entire Faber v Brown show, the last show with Varner v Cerrone.

Varner v Cerrone has been the best feud in anything this year. The Aldo v Faber show was top through bottom fantastic. In my view Jose Also is the best pound for pound at the moment, he will rule 155 i think, the man is a beast, destroyed everyone he has faced. Faber v Brown 2 was my personal choice for fight of the year 2009, just an absolute all out war.

Very interesting. My flatmate loves wec so will be delighted. Only seen a few fights but aldo stood out big time!

Aldo is a beast. Dana said he was offered a fight with Kenny Florian but turned it down. He will own 145 for as long as he wants, his annilihation of Mike Brown and systematic destruction of Faber were ridiculously impressive. I reckon he would own 155 as well.

Hopefully get some of the big WEC names on shows over here.

At the end of the day, Brock got beat by a man who blasted through everyone apart from Kongo, who he still dominated.

Brock would hammer pretty much everyone in the division, the only exceptions being Cain (obviously), Alastair Overeem, Carwin (already beaten) and Fedor (and no one really knows what Fedor has these days). He's destroyed Mir and Couture, and beat Carwin. Its not like he should be thrown in there with Kimbo. Even fighters like Cro Cop, Nogeuira, Kongo etc are a step below Brock, although the Nig and Cro Cop fights do have a certain name attraction to them.

Anyway, its 90% likely that its Lesnar v Mir 3 next, which Lesnar should win pretty handily, then a rematch with Cain.

UFC *really* needs to reach out to Alistair Overeem and get him in.

yep especially if Overeem wins the K-1 world grand prix. He will be HUGE singing for the ufc.

Cain vs Overeem would be huge and very intresting as well both have excellent stand up game, altough overeem maybe a bit better. But on the ground I think Cain has the advantage.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...