Ufc

just/john

Good for ratings but somewhat undeserved i think!

Perhaps. But Kimbo is the star of the show and there's a nice storyline to be had with Kimbo coming back and winning a fight, which is what I presume happens?

Nelson is the best heel ever. The way he celebrated was as if he had just knocked our Brock Lesnar and Fedor at the same time. And then the prom Dana cut after was simply MONEY.

This is by far the best show of the year by anyone.

Ortiz v griffin next month!!

Didnt even realise, should make for good viewing now, hope griffin sorted himself out since last fight!!

last i heard ortiz was supposed to be fighting ricardo arona

but this is good news :)

Another good show,

Really surprised wes sims lost, had a feeling he'd go far in this! I think he just totaly underestimated him an made a silly mistake!

Love the argument between rampage an rashad at the end 2, made me lol!

Looks like kimbos gettin his shot now, looks like the guy that jizzed in the shower got injured!

Kimbo better step up this time tho!

;)

Not seen the last two episodes for tech reasons. Waiting for my proper laptop to be returned so I can download them.

The end of year show on Jan 2nd (I know) is looking a bit shit. Silva V Belfort at 185 for the title, and bearing in mind Belfort struggled to make 195 this could be interesting. Rashad v Thiago Silva in the semi main, and Junior Dos Santos versus (i.e. killing) Gabriel Gonzaga.

Conversely, UFC 107 looks like a hell of a card. Penn v Sanchez should be fun, if easy for Penn. Frank Mir will cut promos on Check Kongo about him having no ground game which will be fantastic, Thiago Alves v Paulo Thiago could be fun, Kenny Florian v Clay Guida is a match of the year waiting to happen and KIMBO is apparently going to be on this card rather than the TUF season finale.

• 2 weeks later...

That was f**king bullshit

should have gone to a third round. Roy nelson is such a cocky prick. I love how much Dana hates him tho "the day we see roy nelson in an exciting fight he makes exciting I will give him his props"

:P

Madsen to beat brendan next week

Anyone watch it tonight then? A fine show, apart from the bullshit main event. Joe Rogan rules.

The BIG news is that Brock is out indefinitley. He's seriously ill. Not cancer and not AIDS. Thank f**k.

Whether he can fight again or not, I dont know, but i hope the big man gets well and gets well quickly.

Yup Lesnar is f**ked, he has Mono and something else which they aren't saying

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira now also is injured with staph infection

AND Shane Carwin has to have knee surgery

They're dropping like flies!!!

Also did you hear Shane McMahon met with UFC officials. HMMMMM whats going on there?

and I agree with your comments on last nights show. GSP is gunna destroy Hardy I think when they meet

Yeah, all of a sudden the most competitive heavyweight division ever doesnt look particularly competitive.

Nog is out until Spring/Summer

Carwin is on the shelf until Spring

Lesnar may not be coming back at all

Cro Cop is too small for HW and needs to drop down, and is past his prime anyway

Rothwell and Gonzaga are mid level fighters at best

I dont know what you do. My instinct would be to do Dos Santos v Velazquez for the interim championship but until more comes out about Lesnar you really dont know.

GSP will destroy Hardy, but he'll do it in his usual GSP style, which is the merciless beatdown he did to Alves, Fitch, Penn etc.

Hardy is a nobody in America, so they may do that fight over here. You sacrifice a GSP buyrate (which would be low because his opponent is a no name in money terms) but pop a TV rating in America. You could do it in a stadium over here, possibly. Maybe do it at the City Ground as thats Hardy's home town?

Thats a good idea Liam although they've only just done Manc, You know I think UFC is so popular, they could do Old Trafford and sell it out rather than the City ground

But they could even do Wembley and sell out or come close, its so hot over here right now. WWF did it and foolishly never risked it again, why WWE haven't done a Wembley show again I'll never know

Thats a good idea Liam although they've only just done Manc, You know I think UFC is so popular, they could do Old Trafford and sell it out rather than the City ground

But they could even do Wembley and sell out or come close, its so hot over here right now. WWF did it and foolishly never risked it again, why WWE haven't done a Wembley show again I'll never know

WWF never did it again because

1) they never had a a British star at the level Davey Boy was in 92

2 ) the show bombed in America

3) Spoilers and the Internet

I doubt they would sell out Wembley. I dont think they'd even come close, unless it was a UFC 100 esque card.

There was serious talk of doing Bisping vs Anderson Silva in a stadium over here should Bisping have beaten Henderson. Obviously, that didnt happen. But I think if Dan Hardy can get the publicity, with GSP, with a good semi main (Bisping vs Wanderlei?) and a solid undercard with British fighters going against established, name UFC fighters, then I reckon they could sell out a 30000 stadium.

But WWE events continuely do well over here and they could risk just ONE PPV buyrate for a PPV over here some of the PPVs only do just over 100,000 in buyrates and Im sure they could do a nothing PPV over here but it would sell out and earn them shit loads and still get about a 120,000 buyrate in the US. Im not talking Summerslam, but a lesser PPV of which I can't name as they keep changing the names of them

UFC did just under 15,000 at the MEN on Saturday

maybe 30,000 is a more realistic aim next and then see how it goes