Ufc

just/john

Hi again guys, forgot to say, cheers for the info, il keep an eye out on wiki.

as for fedor, ive heard the other day that the reason he wont come to UFC is because he prefers to fight in something called Sambo in Russia instead and if he joins UFC one of the conditions is that he isnt allowed to fight in any others championships. is this true?

If so then its going to take something pretty special for him to come into UFC? Can wait to see what he can do though if it happens. I think he might start with some easy meat, just to "put him on the map", so to speak, then go for a a title.

as for fedor, ive heard the other day that the reason he wont come to UFC is because he prefers to fight in something called Sambo in Russia instead and if he joins UFC one of the conditions is that he isnt allowed to fight in any others championships. is this true?

If so then its going to take something pretty special for him to come into UFC? Can wait to see what he can do though if it happens. I think he might start with some easy meat, just to "put him on the map", so to speak, then go for a a title.

You're right that Fedor likes to take part in the Sambo championships, but I'm not sure that Dana White would be particularly against him fighting in it should he join ufc. He would have a problem with his fighters doing anything where there is a high risk of injury, but Sambo is more like judo or amateur wrestling, rather than karate or boxing.

I think it's more likely that Fedor (and/or his agent management) are being extremely greedy and are waiting for more money. At the moment Fedor is a very hot property, and it's possible they're thinking that the longer he holds out, the hotter he'll become and the more money he can demand.

OR...

He's shit scared of Brock, and is scared that if he signs with UFC he'll be shown up by Brock... ruining any mystique he has.

Thinking about it, in a Brock vs Fedor match; I don't think a Fedor win would actually hurt Brock to much (perhaps you could play it up as inexperienced Brock slips up against a vetran, and book an immediate rematch). A Brock win though would bury Fedor... there's been all this talk of how Fedor is the real number 1, and for Brock to dispell that would remove any aura that Fedor currently has.

It'ld be great to see him in the UFC, but I'm not seeing it happening very soon.

Apparently Dana White agreed to let Fedor compete in sambo competitions.

Fedor was offered a $30 million, 6 fight deal.

M1 Global was offered a cut of the Fedor - Brock ppv money.

Allowed to wear the M1 global logo on his shorts.

The problem is that M-1 want to co-promote 2 or 3 of the fights with ufc.

and obviously ufc will not want to do this.

I honestly think UFC should leave it at that, no fighter is bigger than the sport.

Edited by rossmac1987

The conference is at 7pm our time

Tito signing will be announced, the new main event for UFC 103, possibly some kind of TV deal with ESPN? I doubt the UK TV deal will get mentioned.

I also think they will bury Fedor. Dana will be Dana and do what he did to Randy Couture a few years ago and bring the offer document to the Press Conference and read through it in great detail meaning its clear to everyone what twats Fedors team are.

Quality that UFC is on ESPN, word is Virgin are going to showing that for free replacing Setanta, hope this happens!

ESPN is free for all in August... both ufc 102 and 103 are in august.

After the end of august, whether the channel remains free on the virgin xl package (like setanta was) is still to be negotiated.

ESPN is free for all in August... both ufc 102 and 103 are in august.

After the end of august, whether the channel remains free on the virgin xl package (like setanta was) is still to be negotiated.

No bud, look on the Virgin Media website and the ESPN websites, ESPN and ESPN America are free to XL customers, its been confirmed

No bud, look on the Virgin Media website and the ESPN websites, ESPN and ESPN America are free to XL customers, its been confirmed

and for non-XL customers I think its £8 if you get the Sky sports channels and £10 if you dont...

Fedor is officially f**king irrelevant. Signing with f**king Strikeforce.

No f**king interest in fighting the best fighters in the world, just sub standard rubbish. Anyone who now thinks Fedor is the best in the world is a f**king moron. Beating who? Brett Rogers? I bet he wont even take a fight with Alistair Overeem.

M1 can go f**k themselves. I hope they DIE. What the f**k could M1 offer me that UFC cant? I hate them. I want to see Fedor v Brock (well, I did) and I cant because "we have to co promote." Yeah, because M1 is f**king renowed for drawing loads of money event after event after event. They can f**k off. :lol:

Fedor is officially f**king irrelevant. Signing with f**king Strikeforce.

No f**king interest in fighting the best fighters in the world, just sub standard rubbish. Anyone who now thinks Fedor is the best in the world is a f**king moron. Beating who? Brett Rogers? I bet he wont even take a fight with Alistair Overeem.

M1 can go f**k themselves. I hope they DIE. What the f**k could M1 offer me that UFC cant? I hate them. I want to see Fedor v Brock (well, I did) and I cant because "we have to co promote." Yeah, because M1 is f**king renowed for drawing loads of money event after event after event. They can f**k off. :lol:

that

hey guys, i know im not as on the ball as you UFC guru's but bear with me. Heard that UFC 105 is in manchester. Cant believe it! Where can I get tickets?? Been looking around on afew sites and it appears that they arnt even on sale yet. Do you think they will sell quickly? Are you guys going?

Quality that UFC is on ESPN, word is Virgin are going to showing that for free replacing Setanta, hope this happens!

EDIT- It is, just googled it

YAY free UFC!!!

If you have the XL package I believe.

Will get ESPN next month because ESPN America is no longer free :angry:

hey guys, i know im not as on the ball as you UFC guru's but bear with me. Heard that UFC 105 is in manchester. Cant believe it! Where can I get tickets?? Been looking around on afew sites and it appears that they arnt even on sale yet. Do you think they will sell quickly? Are you guys going?

They havn't gone on say yet, but I don't think it'll be too long before they do. Possibly this weekend (ufc101), but more likely at the end of August (ufc102 weekend).

We're in a bit of a strange time at the moment. UFC 100 has just happened, along with record numbers for the recent TUF season, and the popularity of the sport (particularly in this country) has exploded. No one knows how much carry over popularity there's going to be... lots of people watched ufc100, so how many people are going to be retained and continue to watch it? Tickets to 105 could go very quickly, or they could sell at an average pace. no one really knows.

As for pricing, using UFC 95 prices as an example - Any seat on the floor will be 250-300. Although you should be able to get in the first couple rows of the tier (even first row if you're lucky) for about 100-125. If your not too bothered - should be able to get middle-upper tier for around £50-£85. Non London shows are likely to be a little less, but I wouldn't expect it to be too much cheaper.

Thing is, it's likely to be a 'Spike Special', ie free to view in America; so the likelihood of there being any real headliners other than Bisping is slim. I can't see Bisping vs Wanderlei happening, so god knows who he's going to face. And will the fight matter if it's not someone of a high standard? Probably not.

I think Liam and I are in the same boat here... waiting for the card to be released before committing either way whether or not to go. A good card would be required to make me go, I probably won't bother if it's just a fair to middling card. It's a lot of money after all.

Edited by Halcyon

Bisping will headline. I have no basis for this but I would guess against Akiyama. Its going to be a Spike Special which means not a PPV in America. There's also a show the week after in America. So most likely a fairly shitty card. We'll see though.

I think I'm going watching Gary Numan that night anyway.

Shit, I havent subscribed yet.

Predictions for tomorrow?

As much as I want Griffin to win, cant see him beating Anderson Silva. Ditto Florian with Penn. ;)

Forrest has no chance imo, and it'll be an incredibly boring fight. But KenFlo will supprise us and come out on top in what should be a war. The other three fights I couldn't give a shit about. In all, it's a bot of a poor card to put on as a follow up of 100.