bands you'll be ignoring

Guest edgar

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh no, you've found me out. I didnt realise I had to actually listen to something to know it will be shit? I imagine you give each new Girls Aloud album a quick playthrough to make sure you arent missing out then do ya?

and metallica havent released anything decent since Justice TBH. The black album is f**king awful IMHO.

Seriously mate, this kind of shit is completely irrelevant in the current music scene. I went to see priest a coupla months ago (I went to see megadeth and testament) and priest were f**king dire, ticket sales will bear me out there - they had to cancel the nott gig and give all the ticketholders sheffield tickets, and sheffield was half empty. this stuff is dead.

seriously bobby how old are ya? I can recommend some really good post rock stuff if ya like? I'm 38, and grew up on maiden etc, but I cant bear this stuff any more. its time to move on old timer!

You're 38?! God good man from the way you've made your point I genuinly thought you were about 14, how depressing.

And for the record, I plough through more new bands in a week than you do in a year my friend, so don't lecture me about the current music scene. If you think that Heaven and Hell's sound isn't still being plundered and ripped off to this day by countless new doom, groove metal, thrash, stoner metal, power metal and hard rock acts across the globe than you are truly clueless.

you couldnt be more wrong my friend, Metallica are one of my favourite bands, I am in the Metclub, have met all of the band,and I have seen them about 14 times. They are quite possibly the best live band in the world. I will certainly be watching them.

jaymz.jpg

I bow to your superior knowledge if you are a journo or work in a record shop (I dont know - what do you do?) and dont mean to patronise you, but I just find that anyone who would defend H&H to such an extent must be a bit of a dinosaur.

only 3 tracks to go. the music aint too bad, its the lyrics and RJD's voice that f**kin ruin it for me.

Iommi can still write a riff, but then his solo stuff was musically proficient - but as this album proves - sabbath was sabbath - and H&H arent sabbath.

I promise I havent even left the room, I have listened carefully to every track, and apart from laughing at the lyrics i have paid attention.

Dude, I seriously don't give a flying f**k if someone doesn't like Heaven and Hell, that really is a matter of taste and I'm cool with that, a quick dip into my CD collection will show you some much more iffy choices than Dio and co. But, as far as I'm concerned, to call them irrelevant when their influence is so prominent in 90% of the modern metal scene is ridiculous, especially if you're then going to bang on about Metallica who bowed to peer pressure to produce an album that had some great tunes but was about as original as an Adam Sandler film. To me Iommi's riffs sound fresh as f**k and are heavier than anything that the death, black or grindcore scene can throw up, but that's just my opinion, natch.

And yeah I do write for some music rags but I'd never be stupid enough to think that makes my opinon any more valid than anyone else's. That just comes from being a stubborn twat. :(

Dude, i'm gonna be incredibly cheeky here but...

I've just finished a journalism degree and really would love to get into music journalism. can i mail you a couple bits and you tell me what you think? more professional opinion the better in my eyes!! ;)

It breaks down like this for me:

Download - Faith No More, Chris Cornell (Soundgarden)

Sonisphere - Alice in Chains, Nine Inch Nails

+ various distractions including bands, night life, people etc.

2 - 2 if you ask me. I'm going to both. I'm seeing it as four bands across two massive venues that support an entire community driven by music for a couple of weekends. Life don't get much better.

2 - 2 if you ask me. I'm going to both. I'm seeing it as four bands across two massive venues that support an entire community driven by music for a couple of weekends. Life don't get much better.

I saw them at download a coupla years ago, and they were very good. They just arent alice in chains whichever way you cut it. just as queen arent the same with Paul Rogers, as f**king amazing a singer as he is (and he is a f**king top quality frontman) if you were to be bragging to the grandkids in 20 years that you saw queen, they would call you a c**t if it wasnt with freddie.

I'm still undecided, I may sell the ticket - I may still go, although the way I feel at the mo, we have not got the kids that weekend and I would maybe rather spend the time with the missus than with 10 sweaty mates in a field.