Line up Announced - 1 week from today!

Guest godders1966

nope, keeping back nowt that I know, but am keeping back one or two guesses (just guesses, nothing more).

I'd say they'll be a few surprises - I reckon there's less known about the top end of the bill this year than normal. Whether or not those surprises are of interest to most people tho is another thing - I doubt there'll be anything surprising for fans of indie durge, it's not like it's a surprising genre. ;)<_<

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to ask, what sort of music do you like? You obviously don't like indie and I noticed from a previous thread that you do not like electronic music.

Just intrigued to hear what floats your boat.

I like some indie, but the vast majority is nowt more than landfill. This is proven by how quickly most of these bands appear then disappear; it goes to show that even the biggest fans of many of these bands don't really like them too much.

I love electronic music, and have never stated different - you mis-read. But there's little (if any) of that which you get at Glasto that doesn't come around all of the time. I'd rather spend my Glasto time watching the acts that don't play everywhere nearly every week.

The point I was making with my previous post is that invariably the 'new music' line-up at Glasto has no or almost no surprises - it rarely (if ever) contains any bands that people are surprised to see playing Glasto.

nope, keeping back nowt that I know, but am keeping back one or two guesses (just guesses, nothing more).

I'd say they'll be a few surprises - I reckon there's less known about the top end of the bill this year than normal. Whether or not those surprises are of interest to most people tho is another thing - I doubt there'll be anything surprising for fans of indie durge, it's not like it's a surprising genre. <_<;)

Is there really going to be that many surprises? With the amount of acts that are rumoured I think that the entire lineup of Pyramid, Other and JP could be filled. By top end do you mean stuff like JW, Park etc?

I'm pretty sure there's some biggish gaps for Pyramid and Other where the bands aren't known for sure as playing yet, as well as JW & Park.

booo down with Neil - glastonbury is a happy time, you are miserable - how did you happen to moderate such a forum - maybe you should go and moderate a GMTV forum or something?

:(

How did I happen to moderate such a forum .... now let me see.....

Perhaps it's because I love Glasto so much that I created the first comprehensive website about Glastonbury Festival.

Perhaps it's because that as a result of that, that website became Glastonbury's official website (which still uses an awful lot of the text I wrote).

Perhaps it's because I ran Glastonbury's official website for two years.

Perhaps it's because I love festivals so much I created the worlds most popular festivals website (by a very long way).

Just because I happen to think that the line-ups on the Other and JP stages are predictable and unexciting doesn't make me miserable, it makes me not the hugest fan of all-much-the-same indie landfill, that's all. :(

:)

How did I happen to moderate such a forum .... now let me see.....

Perhaps it's because I love Glasto so much that I created the first comprehensive website about Glastonbury Festival.

Perhaps it's because that as a result of that, that website became Glastonbury's official website (which still uses an awful lot of the text I wrote).

Perhaps it's because I ran Glastonbury's official website for two years.

Perhaps it's because I love festivals so much I created the worlds most popular festivals website (by a very long way).

Just because I happen to think that the line-ups on the Other and JP stages are predictable and unexciting doesn't make me miserable, it makes me not the hugest fan of all-much-the-same indie landfill, that's all. :)

"I'm right and you're wrong, now listen to what I say"

care to show me more than a handful of posts on here that are any different? It's all opinions. :)

"things ain't as good as they used to be"

I don't believe I've ever once posted such a thing. Things are different, not necessarily better.

"Can you believe what kids are into these days" etc

kids are into crap, same as they've always been (yes, even when I was a kid). :)

While 'kids' might choose to disagree, come back in a few years and try telling me again that you're still into the same bands to the same extent.

I'll put my tin hat on as I suspect that will be as big an insult as I can give Neil (yes, yes, he'll say that I should know given I work in the same building as the Daily Mail but that makes my point even more).

not when you think the conman is a good geezer it doesn't. :(:(

neil... are you the new speaker of the HOC.....

i think what you need is a nice big face palm picture :(

i love this site....leave neil alone....he offers a free service to talk about the worlds greatest festivals..

if i had to listen to some of the crap speiled off here occasionally id get grumpier than him...

sometimes it reminds me like in my dads shop....he is a jeweller....

people come in with crap rings asking could he fix it and to value it....knowing they buy it off a tv channel and not bothering to get it from him first... at better quality and better deal....he will tell them its worth 20 quid knowing they probably spent a grand....then will refuse to fix it claiming, that its made off such cheap materials it would just break again....i know its a bit extreme, but these people who claim they are loyal customers, see something on the tv for 3k buy it and would argue over a fiver worth 50 quid its beggars belief.....

i know its not exactly the same, but i can imagine tht is how mr efestival sees it when people post threads with,....bbc just announced, or virtual festivals just announced or digital spy claim...when it was posted here first weeks in advance....

just my two cents....

love peace...boogie...

On Monday, we'll be posting the full Glastonbury lineup online from 10pm. You can be first to read this by signing up to our @guardianmusic Twitter page.

Here are some other reasons to follow us ...

1) Our Twitter page will keep you up to date with all the news, reviews and ridiculous gossip over Glasto weekend.

2) You'll find out about all the blogs, podcasts and other cool stuff on our music site, even when Glastonbury isn't on.

3) You can see how bad our spelling is when we don't have a subeditor to go over our Tweets :)

That is all.

sweet monday10pm