Local Acts

Guest JakeBoz

the local acts for the festival have now been chosen

Dean Jackson is to announce the listings on his BBC East Midlands radio show : The Beat

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham/local_radi...this_week.shtml

this saturday I believe (is that right RichardH?).

the featured artists have been told, im now programming several of them into the fringe line ups.

the bands are hopefully keeping shtum on the subject till the radio announcement

OBS acts won't be announced until start of July as that's when the final's taking place...

First heat is on May 1st and then six more heats, two semi finals and a final...

Some really interesting line ups being scheduled for the heats this year (including My Kid Brother who appeared on National TV with John Barrowman and McFly at the weekend)!!!!

Sean

xx

the local acts for the festival have now been chosen

Dean Jackson is to announce the listings on his BBC East Midlands radio show : The Beat

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham/local_radi...this_week.shtml

this saturday I believe (is that right RichardH?).

the featured artists have been told, im now programming several of them into the fringe line ups.

the bands are hopefully keeping shtum on the subject till the radio announcement

• 2 months later...

When will the 'regionally based artists' names be added to the line up pages.

This is causing confusion and uncertainty of who is playing and who isn't and on what day.

We don't want the SSW to lose ticket sales now - and many of these regional acts are really worth going to see.

I keep on having to come back to the forum to see who is playing on the list.

Please sort this out asap.

Thanks

BH

When will the 'regionally based artists' names be added to the line up pages.

This is causing confusion and uncertainty of who is playing and who isn't and on what day.

We don't want the SSW to lose ticket sales now - and many of these regional acts are really worth going to see.

I keep on having to come back to the forum to see who is playing on the list.

Please sort this out asap.

Thanks

BH

Whats the point of the website if it doesn't have ALL the details?

How difficult can it be to update the website?

The inclusion of these regionally based acts is a very valuable part of the SSW and I think it should be treated in such a way. Some people who are not just based in leicester are interested in new music.

How can we go and find out about these acts if there is not one mention of them on the formal site?

No one band actually. I have friends in a few of the bands on the list and at the fringe.

So don't get me wrong. I don't support one band really. I am just keen on seeing some great music getting the full exposure that it deserves and I think the website could be doing this.

There's no money in music anymore so anyone sticking there neck out to put on a festival is brave. There are a limited amount of hours in the day. I believe it'll get done (it has every other year) but the cold hard fact is that big bands sell more tickets. A few local people may pay £5 to see a band at Sumo but won't pay for a day ticket to see the same band at SSW. Many Leicester people pay for a full weekend ticket no matter who's on the bill. And as with all bands, it's in the local bands interest to promote their gig themselves.

A few of the bands you've mentioned have had serious promotion from Andy Black on this forum already.

Here's what may be a complete(ish) list.

The Breakdowns

Dumbfound

Abi Moore Band

Shortwave Fade

Mr Plow

The Heroes

Toy Heroes

Maybeshewill

Free Control

Frontiers

Yunioshi

Radio Collective

Kevin Hewick

Her Name Is Calla

Minnaars

Megadub

Thanks for the full list.

Now, I'm not saying that there should be a big deal made about it. I just think they should be included on the site somewhere.

Maybe a special blog entry with a big of information about each band. Or having their names mentioned in the full line up list.

I don't know all of them and I'd like to see as many as possible. It would be interesting to go and find out more about them. I'm a ticket buyer too - and this is about the only place to get details on these bands.

BH