Main Stage....

Guest robsadler

looking at this years main stage it looks like another 3 more bands will be added to AM's day, 3 more to Radiohead's (as i imagine they will do a long set) day and 4 more to KOL's day.

despite what people say these bands could be slotted in almost anywhere (i say almost as it's highly unlikely the prodigy will get bumped any lower....they should have headlined IMO) but it is likely they will be lower down.

REALISTICALLY (ish) what bands would you like to fill in the gaps. you have to consider them 'fitting in' and the time of day etc.

personally i would like to see......

Friday....ocean colour scene, elbow, doves and the rifles

Sat.....super furry animals, dogs, 1990's and cold war kids

Sun...death cab for cutie, weezer and someone loud and fun like mad caddies!

most people will disagree with the bands i have chosen but what would your dream for the rest of the main stage line up be?

a lot of people are quick to slag off the line up so far but you just don't know yet....there is a long way to go!

rob (ever the optimist!) x

:P

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that's who you're hoping for then fair enough but on a personal note the line up is (so far) suffering from a startling lack of variety and the bands you mentioned will do nothing to bring some variety that has made the festival such a good one over the last 8 years I have been going.Saying that Weezer would be a good addition I feel like it needs some bands such as weezer,and janes addiction have been rumoured.thats the kind of bands im hoping for.

yeah i know my choice is not diverse in the slightest........

it is my own ideal lineup :P

each to their own......

i just wanted to highlight really that there is a long way to go before the full line up on the main stage, let alone all the other stages.

people are negative already and i just want to know what THEIR perfect line up would be given the bands that have already been announced.

we can all dream!

robx

Edited by robsadler

Realistically erm.

Friday:

Rise Against

Killswitch Engage

36 Crazyfists

Flobots

Saturday:

Being Realistic so i'd guess it'll be random indie bands... pretty sure The Rakes will play here :/.

Sunday:

Sum 41

Dillinger Escape Plan

Fightstar

Frank Turner

Erm... yeah I'll be disappointed, sure there'll be some gems added throughout though.

Friday:

Thrice

Rise Against

36 Crazyfists

Clutch

Saturday:

Cold War Kids

The Black Keys

The Hold Steady

Sunday:

Coheed and Cambria

Mars Volta

The King Blues

The Zico Chain

That would be brilliant, but I'm not sure about some of those bands on the mainstage, I'd like them to play all the same. Apart from Rise against and 36CF I'd be really pleased if 2 of the others got announced.

This would NEVER happen though. Realistic in terms of size and order etc. But they wouldn't all be there kinda thing, needs to be some crap somewhere

Edited by inspectedinspector

looking at this years main stage it looks like another 3 more bands will be added to AM's day, 3 more to Radiohead's (as i imagine they will do a long set) day and 4 more to KOL's day.

despite what people say these bands could be slotted in almost anywhere (i say almost as it's highly unlikely the prodigy will get bumped any lower....they should have headlined IMO) but it is likely they will be lower down.

REALISTICALLY (ish) what bands would you like to fill in the gaps. you have to consider them 'fitting in' and the time of day etc.

most people will disagree with the bands i have chosen but what would your dream for the rest of the main stage line up be?

a lot of people are quick to slag off the line up so far but you just don't know yet....there is a long way to go!

:(

Any chance of Billy Talent this year? Or will they be too far up the bill at Download? They were suerb in the middle of the day in 2007 - bags of energy.

Papa Roach would be similarly great, but again they're at Download (and seem quite happy there).

Mindless Self Indulgence, The Used, Silversun Pickups, Death Cab For Cutie, The Mars Volta, Weezer, Jane's Addiction, Clutch, Stone Temple Pilots, Dizzee, The Subways, Nine Black Alps, Killswitch Engage... any of these at all possible?

Edited by Calm Like A Bomb

Any chance of Billy Talent this year? Or will they be too far up the bill at Download? They were suerb in the middle of the day in 2007 - bags of energy.

Papa Roach would be similarly great, but again they're at Download (and seem quite happy there).

Mindless Self Indulgence, The Used, Silversun Pickups, Death Cab For Cutie, The Mars Volta, Weezer, Jane's Addiction, Clutch, Stone Temple Pilots, Dizzee, The Subways, Nine Black Alps, Killswitch Engage... any of these at all possible?

Why would you throw their name around?! :)

If anyone can explain to me why this untalented waste of space masquerading as a band are popular please do so!(my suspicions are that it has something to do with the bassist being married to that MCR chap)

Because they make really catchy music, and put on a really good live show! You'll Rebel To Anything is a fantastic album in my opinion.

Who the bassist might be married to do doesn't have anything to do with it for me - though you may be right when it comes to why they seem to appear on the front page of Kerrang quite regularly.

Fair enough, I don't think I'll be changing your mind by the sound of it! But when I saw them in Oxford on the Kerrang tour it was one of the best gigs I had been to in ages.

They do make exceptionally catchy music, even if the live show is not your thing. You'll be humming a track like Shut Me Up for the whole next day after hearing it in a club ;)

Quite a lot of bands listed in this thread are at Download, Killswitch, Billy Talent, Clutch, Black Stone Cherry, Papa Roach, Dir En Grey

Of all that lot though, im pretty certain only Killswitch and Billy Talent are on UK exclusives at Download so the others could be possible but probably unlikely, but Billy Talent and Killswitch definatly won't play

:blink:

*Edit-in reference as to why DEP can't play

From http://www.laurahird.com/bestrecords/dilli...escapeplan.html

'This is a band who, when faced with their biggest ever audience and a chance to woo the fickle UK critics with performance on the main stage at the 2002 Reading Festival – chose instead to make an artistic statement.

“You’re going to see a lot of shit on this stage today,” said pitbull-necked singer, Greg Puciato, dropping his pants and squatting, in reference to the line-up of stodgy corporate US rock bands. “You might as well see some more.”

With onstage cameras beaming the image onto giant screens, over their Sunday breakfasts fifty thousand people were treated to the close-up sight of the flexing anus of the frontman as he squeezed out a link, wrapped it in a carrier bag and threw it into the crowd, who promptly threw it back. It was the single greatest rock n’ roll moment the UK has seen this decade.'

Edited by ste4_20