Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

Guest theboytaff

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come sail your ships around me and burn your bridges down......fu*k :)

In the true words of Marvin Gaye. Neil, what the f*** is going on? First Fleetwood Mac and now this. Friday is supposed to be happy. :):O

someone mailed in earlier asking if they'd been any further news on Cave playing.

Having thought about it, I decided that it's looking less likely as he's one of the headliners for Latitude .... do I then downgraded the rumour to match that thought.

Him headling Latitude doesn't rule him out of course, but I do think it makes him less likely than he'd previously been thought to be.

Maybe I'm completely wrong to do that, who knows? It'll all become clear in time.

someone mailed in earlier asking if they'd been any further news on Cave playing.

Having thought about it, I decided that it's looking less likely as he's one of the headliners for Latitude .... do I then downgraded the rumour to match that thought.

Him headling Latitude doesn't rule him out of course, but I do think it makes him less likely than he'd previously been thought to be.

Maybe I'm completely wrong to do that, who knows? It'll all become clear in time.

may I ask why playing latitude makes him less likely for glastonbury? Doves are playing both arent they?

festivals like it, if at all possible, to have an amount of exclusivity with their headliners, otherwise they risk losing their potential punters to elsewhere. When it comes to the likes Festival Republic, this is certainly the case.

We know for sure that Doves are playing, and both Cave and Grace Jones have both been floating around as rumours for Glasto too. I can't imagine that FR would be very happy with all of the Latitude headline acts playing Glasto, as anyone that's going to Glasto and fancies seeing those acts then wouldn't be likely to buy a Latitude ticket, ruling out a very large number of festival goers as potential Latitude ticket buyers.

I can't of course take them all playing at Latitude as a definite that they won't play Glasto, but I don't think it's unreasonable to think that the likelihood is reduced.

festivals like it, if at all possible, to have an amount of exclusivity with their headliners, otherwise they risk losing their potential punters to elsewhere. When it comes to the likes Festival Republic, this is certainly the case.

We know for sure that Doves are playing, and both Cave and Grace Jones have both been floating around as rumours for Glasto too. I can't imagine that FR would be very happy with all of the Latitude headline acts playing Glasto, as anyone that's going to Glasto and fancies seeing those acts then wouldn't be likely to buy a Latitude ticket, ruling out a very large number of festival goers as potential Latitude ticket buyers.

I can't of course take them all playing at Latitude as a definite that they won't play Glasto, but I don't think it's unreasonable to think that the likelihood is reduced.

• 1 month later...

Weird. I was looking at the tour dates last night and thinking it depressingly unlikely. He's in Switzerland on the Saturday so can only play Friday and Sunday. I doubt he'd play Sunday as he's in Belgium next so I'd assume he'd want to hang around Europe until Werchter.

Would have to play Friday, before Neil would be the most epic thing that happened to anything ever.

I'm convinced this is going to happen now (based on nothing more that the Eavis and my friend on a train story I posted previously and blind enthusiasm)