Anyone like the lineup?

Guest Bradders

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it other than Bloc Party again! In the same position! I quite like the first 2 albums but shouldnt have been booked. Think Radiohead have had some say on their day. They should have asked for Sigur Ros or Flaming Lips!

If it was Radiohead, Placebo, Fall Out Boy, Deftones, Brand New, Funeral For A Friend thats not too far off a "normal" Reading Sunday.

If the 2 "rock" acts are headlining the tent and have 2 or 3 similar bands below them, then it will be as diverse as any other year

Edited by hatman

Pretty happy yeah. I can understand the metalheads not being happy but I think FR have been squeezed by having two festivals competing on similar ground this year. My criticisms would be, being objective: -

Courteeners too high

Vampire Weekend too high (I may well go see them, but 4th??!!)

Kaiser Chiefs too high these days

Gossip NME headliner-not big enough

Bloc Party (again, I'll probably watch them but 3 years running/4 years out of 5 is a bit much. I was surprised by their inclusion)

Subjectively I've got 8 I reckon I'll see, and 3 possibles. First time since V97 I'll be watching all the main stage headliners at a festival (Prodigy and Blur-how things, er, change). Arctic Monkeys are the ones I'm least bothered about, but I'll be seeing them over Gossip/Glasvegas.

Where I'm dissappointed is the British bias to the line up so far. I was hoping for more American stuff-Offspring, Flaming Lips, Modest Mouse, Hold Steady, Weezer, TV on The Radio, Cold War Kids, The National. Still more announcements to be made though

Edited by MEGABOWL

Pretty happy yeah. I can understand the metalheads not being happy but I think FR have been squeezed by having two festivals competing on similar ground this year. My criticisms would be, being objective: -

Courteeners too high

Vampire Weekend too high (I may well go see them, but 4th??!!)

Kaiser Chiefs too high these days

Gossip NME headliner-not big enough

Bloc Party (again, I'll probably watch them but 3 years running/4 years out of 5 is a bit much. I was surprised by their inclusion)

Subjectively I've got 8 I reckon I'll see, and 3 possibles. First time since V97 I'll be watching all the main stage headliners at a festival (Prodigy and Blur-how things, er, change). Arctic Monkeys are the ones I'm least bothered about, but I'll be seeing them over Gossip/Glasvegas.

Where I'm dissappointed is the British bias to the line up so far. I was hoping for more American stuff-Offspring, Flaming Lips, Modest Mouse, Hold Steady, Weezer, TV on The Radio, Cold War Kids, The National. Still more announcements to be made though

yeah, it's a bit lame that it's all the same bands again but I've never seen AFI before and never seen the prodigy at a festival. it's been a couple of years since 2manydjs played so in the spirit of booking predictable acts I'd like them to headline the dance tent <_<

There are some great acts. Ian Brown, Maximo Park, Prodigy, KOL, Kaisers, Radiohead, Bloc Party and YYYs are all worth a watch. It's just that the way the line-up's laid out doesn't feel like a traditional Reading and Leeds line-up and bands just seem to be placed all over the shop.

I think it is hilarious that a few people have said "I can't wait to see KoL and Arctic Monkeys but the rest is pretty NME based" I personally think its been a good first announcement mainly for the Saturday. I raelly like Bloc party, yeah it was a lazy choice, but i think their third album is brilliant and they have never played it at leeds <_<. Obviously Radiohead are the best thing announced. Getting them really is an incredible draw for many people. The fact is loads of people have complained about it being all the same then suggested Radiohead be changed for someone? What?!

i like the lineup, and i may be one of the few who's glad about bloc party - this is only my second festival ever though, and my first time at leeds, so i've got no reason to complain. i understand the frustration of people who saw them play the same spot last year though.

arctic monkeys and radiohead are two of my favourite bands, so i'm really happy with them as headliners. i'm also excited to see prodigy, maximo park, ian brown, enter shikari, brand new, placebo, deftones, funeral for a friend, white lies, friendly fires and kaiser chiefs, who are actually a very good live band. i was pulled along to them last year expecting an alright performance, but i came away quite happy.

Dissapointed with the lineup, the only saving grace being that i saved a few quid by pre-ordering my tix last year. Fingers and toes crossed for a stellar Lockup and heavier NME.

A "heavier NME stage" you say??? Yup, there's an interview on Rocksound saying that two large rock acts have been booked to headline the 2nd stage in order to round out the bill as a whole.........

Not a good line up at all (for me) this year, so took the sensible action and walked away and saved myself a few quid. Still slightly sad as Reading itself is a legend but I'm not the type to pay that much and just sit at my tent all day.

I hope all those that do like this kind of music enjoy themselves!!

Personally I have my fingers crossed for a decent variety next year and a return to it's metal Sunday roots :D

Not a good line up at all (for me) this year, so took the sensible action and walked away and saved myself a few quid. Still slightly sad as Reading itself is a legend but I'm not the type to pay that much and just sit at my tent all day.

I hope all those that do like this kind of music enjoy themselves!!

Personally I have my fingers crossed for a decent variety next year and a return to it's metal Sunday roots :lol: