Anyone like the lineup?

Guest Bradders

Not so keen on the line up so far. Apart from maximo, prodigy and vampire weekend the main stage doesnt appeal too much to me. However some of the best years I have had in the festival have been when I have had to put more effort into watching smaller bands that i have never heard of. I have grown to love a lot of these bands, so im sure the fesitval wont disappoint.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Biggest disappointment is lack of Jane's Addiction. Gonna end up clashing with Radiohead, I know it <_<

People let the negative outweigh the positive. People have been desperate for Prodigy and Deftones for years - and they're not even getting a mention.

Kinda of disappointed with bands like vampire weekend playing the main stage, but am looking forward to seeing yeah yeah yeahs, brand new, kings of leon and of course the prodigy! but hoping for the decemberists, death cab, the academy is to be added in NME tent or something.

I'm not gutted. That's something!

Kind of disappointed by the lack of heavier stuff on the main stage, but it was always on the cards. When AC/DC and Green Day were ruled out and Sonisphere picked up some of the bands that were being rumoured to play, it was pretty obvious that there wasn't much left in the pool for R/L. It's turned out like I expected it to, so I'm not that disappointed.

Looking forward to Radiohead and a few others (Deftones, Brand New, Gaslight Anthem, YYY, maybe Prodigy...) anyway, and there's bound to be good stuff in other announcements.

Whenever I look back at the line up there's something I haven't noticed before too, think it's going to be a bit of a grower this year.

Edited by Song Simon

5 if you include the unsigned stage <_<

===

I'm only going for the Sunday (money reasons) but I'd say this year is the first year since I first went (2001) that I'd happily see all 3 of the main stage headliners. It's obviously not as "metal" or "rock" based as last year but I think that was inevitable considering how few metal/big rock bands could headline Reading.

I like the line up.... will be watching Deftones, fall out boy, Brand New, AFI, Gallows, Bloc Party, Ian Brown, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Kings of Leon, whats good in the lock up, gaslight anthem, Prodigy....

I'm expecting some other good announcements too - I reckon f**ked Up will be there, I wouldnt be suprised to see Snuff now they have reformed, sick of it all are surely due back soon? Get Up Kids?

Plenty to look forward to in that announcement alone for me - these aren't necessarily my fave bands ever but they will be good fun on a sunny weekend with lots of friends and some cold beers!

I seriously cannot believe how happy i am with this line-up.

It might not be the most traditional R&L line-up, but in terms of bands I love, this is one of the best festival line up's i'v ever seen.

Saturday with Ian Brown, Maximo Park and then Prodigy and Arctic Monkeys....... AM, IB and Maximo are some of my fave bands (Arctics being numbero uno.... Then Radiohead..... Winner) and Prodigy will be a f**king great laugh.

Then Yeah Yeah Yeahs, who i have recently discovered and really badly wanted to see them live, then Bloc Party, and yeah they may have gone down hill but it'l still be fun.

And then... Radiohead. Wow.

Prodigy, AFI, Gaslight anthem and Brand New (as long as they play more stuff from deja entedu) are enough for me. Bloc Party were really good last time I saw them at Reading was it last year?

Don't really care about the Headliners unless radiohead play a load of stuff off the bends and ok computer and pablo honey or KOL play Sex on fire 20 times.

anyone know about the Lock-up rumours?

what's happened to efests? I go away for a year and everything changes <_<

I like it other than Bloc Party again! In the same position! I quite like the first 2 albums but shouldnt have been booked. Think Radiohead have had some say on their day. They should have asked for Sigur Ros or Flaming Lips!

If it was Radiohead, Placebo, Fall Out Boy, Deftones, Brand New, Funeral For A Friend thats not too far off a "normal" Reading Sunday.

If the 2 "rock" acts are headlining the tent and have 2 or 3 similar bands below them, then it will be as diverse as any other year