Bollocks

Guest howard the oryx

I can't remember the last time the entire festival has shouted "BOLLOCKS" until the early hours of the morning... it used to be a bit of tradition. Unless of course it's become a bit more localised and confined to parts of the site other than Pennards, where I usually camp. In a strange way I kind of miss it, it brought the festival together as a community. Has Glasto lost it's way, or am I just stuck in the past? Perhaps there's too much going on all night long to keep people otherwise occupied.

my first glasto i was on my own and camped with a group off another board

they kept shouting Bollocks! .... it really pissed me off

Anybody care to explain the fascination with shouting 'Bollocks'? Is it like a reversion to a child like humour? As in this genitalia word is funny? Not having a go mind, I just don't get it! Shout away, I just don't get it! ;)

Anybody care to explain the fascination with shouting 'Bollocks'? Is it like a reversion to a child like humour? As in this genitalia word is funny? Not having a go mind, I just don't get it! Shout away, I just don't get it! ;)

I reckon it's just a verbal version of a Mexican wave. Bollicks just seemed to fit at the time.

Don't miss it myself.

You do still however get random cheering. It seems to start around what appears to be nearby then spreads like a ripple through out the camping fields. That's much better.

I reckon it's just a verbal version of a Mexican wave. Bollicks just seemed to fit at the time.

Don't miss it myself.

You do still however get random cheering. It seems to start around what appears to be nearby then spreads like a ripple through out the camping fields. That's much better.

Almost as soon as I got through the gates last year (my first Glastonbury) a massive cheer sort of rolled up the hill to where we were and I just remember thinking "This is going to be awesome!". Happened again when I was having my first ever pint of brothers and I felt like crying with joy...

I didn't hear any bollocks last year but I heard a bit of "Butt-Scratcherrr!" going on around Pennards...