Reading/Leeds Lineup

Guest RLK

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you want to describe belle and sebastian and slayer as being in the same genre, then thats your decision to make.

and if you want to describe Eminem and Metallica as being the same genre - and unlike what you're suggesting for me that hasn't happened, you have done - then that's your decision to make. ;)

The announcement on the 30th will be the following:

Kings of leon

Lost prophets

Fall Out Boy

?

Pigeon Detectives

The Subways

Arctic Monkeys

Kaiser Chiefs

Yeah yeah yeahs

Maximo Park

The Cribs

Vampire Weekend

Radiohead

Morissey

Weezer

?

Enter Shikari

Killswitch Engage

?

Bowling for soup

36 crazyfists

NME/RADIO1 Headliners will be Franz Ferdinand, Glasvegas and ?

Amongst those playing below (but not necessarily sub-headlining) will be TV on the radio, White Lies, Jamie T.

I wouldn't be so sure about not believing that Franz Ferdinand will play the NME stage. The Manic Street Preachers have previously headlined the festival and last year they played the NME.

Remember the organisers need to try and split the crowd up somewhat, and FF have been away for a while, come back with a new album, but I don't think they're nearly as popular as they used to be and after headlining, I don't think they would really wanna play lower down the main stage.

I wouldn't be so sure about not believing that Franz Ferdinand will play the NME stage. The Manic Street Preachers have previously headlined the festival and last year they played the NME.

Remember the organisers need to try and split the crowd up somewhat, and FF have been away for a while, come back with a new album, but I don't think they're nearly as popular as they used to be and after headlining, I don't think they would really wanna play lower down the main stage.

You almost had me for a second

Then you put Franz Ferdinand as NME headliners, They last played 2 years ago where they headlined the main stage, they really arnt going to come back and headline the 2nd stage

nice guesses though, Morrisey wont be playing though

yeah, i think the franz thing seems pretty reasonable. put them on at the same time as KoL and i think they ought to fill, but not cram, the tent.

think about the manics. arena tour --> club tour --> NME headliner

and babyshambles did it last year after an arena tour. i'd say its very likely. tbh, i think it looks likie that guy has got the lineup moreorless spot on.

Why are people inclined to believe this sort of thing? I don't think anyone has ever managed to tell us the whole line up 2 weeks before. IT's just an educated guess, probably from that volta guy who every year makes a new account and claims to know the line up.

Franz headlining the tent? Just won't happen. No band drops like that after just one album, it just doesn't happen...

I think most people would agree Franz Ferdinand are bigger than Razorlight at the moment, better reviews, more airplay, bigger sales, tv aperances etc. Well Razolright also played small venues before finishing their tour with three arena dates, and I htink Franz will also do this. And look, Razorlight are co headlining IOW.

Edited by thomasowen

I would still say it is highly unlikely that Franz Would headline the tent. I would say its not entirely inmpossible though. Popularity wis I would say thet are still way to big, even if not quite as popular as they were they are bigger than any other band who have headlined recently. However if they said they would like to headline the tent for whatever reasons and were put on the same day as Arctic Monkeys so help split the crowd...

Again, very unlikely but not entirely impossible. Would be quite a coup for festival republic. And although it was under different circumstances Franz did do a 'secret' set as glastonbury last year on the smallish park stage.

Birmingham acadamy date didn't sell out this year (I was there). They chose to play a smaller venue, which didn't sell out, when they could have sold out a venue twice the size??

They are no longer big enough to headline main. Dropping down to a different headline slot is probably preferable to just gradually moving down the mainstage in future (which there will be) performances at Reading.

Don't believe the guy, but that's mainly because I don't think he'd have the lineup yet so easily.