Reading/Leeds Lineup

Guest RLK

is it wimping out to say i wouldn't like to choose or put either fantastic band down.

last year i was in manchester over my birthday when radiohead and MBV were playing on the same night. i regret choosing radiohead. they were really good, but my mate said that MBV were the best thing he'd ever seen. and tbh, i'm probably not going to get the chance to see them again now. whereas radiohead are moreorless a shoe in to see again.

but here's the killer. that night was the euro cup final and the touts had bought loads of tickets they couldn't sell. apparently there was dozens of MBV tickets on the floor outside the venue. that fact physically hurts me. ;)

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it wimping out to say i wouldn't like to choose or put either fantastic band down.

last year i was in manchester over my birthday when radiohead and MBV were playing on the same night. i regret choosing radiohead. they were really good, but my mate said that MBV were the best thing he'd ever seen. and tbh, i'm probably not going to get the chance to see them again now. whereas radiohead are moreorless a shoe in to see again.

but here's the killer. that night was the euro cup final and the touts had bought loads of tickets they couldn't sell. apparently there was dozens of MBV tickets on the floor outside the venue. that fact physically hurts me. ;)

You may get another chance. Kevin Shileds has said he wants to finish off the songs they started writing before they original went on hiatus and also wants to write a new albums of songs so they potentially could continue for a bit yet. Whether this actually happens and how soon is questionable. Tho MBV have announced a US tour this year. This could be just be because thier previous us tour didn't cover much ground so now thye are going back to finish it up. almost like a second leg but I guess they could potentially come back and do another UK tour. I

IF they play any new songs at thier forthcoming gigs and festivals I would assume they will also tour here at some point.

I will know the Reading/Leeds lineup approximately 2 weeks before its announcement and shall share the information here - just thought I would let you guys know. Check back soon.

NOTE: This won't be the full lineup but I will have information on the main acts.

From T in the Park forum - "Death Cab for Cutie: Not T in the park but hopefully Reading and Leeds" - From the badger a band thread after a guy messaged their management. Makes up for the news that We Are Scientists, The Cribs & The Faint wont be doing UK festivals this year.

Also noticed that Little Boots are TBC now - good news.

Edited by twenty_foot_chickens

From T in the Park forum - "Death Cab for Cutie: Not T in the park but hopefully Reading and Leeds" - From the badger a band thread after a guy messaged their management. Makes up for the news that We Are Scientists, The Cribs & The Faint wont be doing UK festivals this year.

Also noticed that Little Boots are TBC now - good news.

arctic monkeys

kaiser chiefs

fall out boy

maximo park

paramore

funeral for a friend

the view

new found glory

mystery jets

young knives

doves

death cab for cutie