Reading/Leeds Lineup

Guest RLK

I really don't know why people are predicting The Offspring to sub-headline Radiohead, it won't happen in a million years - Radiohead always have a say in who plays beneath them. You only have to look at last year's festivals to see that bands playing below Radiohead are well known to be admired by the band e.g. Sigur Ros, Bat for Lashes, Kings of Leon. I expect the reason the deal fell through initially was because Radiohead and FR could not agree on the lower bands that day.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't know why people are predicting The Offspring to sub-headline Radiohead, it won't happen in a million years - Radiohead always have a say in who plays beneath them. You only have to look at last year's festivals to see that bands playing below Radiohead are well known to be admired by the band e.g. Sigur Ros, Bat for Lashes, Kings of Leon. I expect the reason the deal fell through initially was because Radiohead and FR could not agree on the lower bands that day.

I completely get what your saying but i think as The Offspring a band feasible to play it could be true. Personally i didnt believe Tenacious D would play between Slipknot and Metallica last year. Im sure i wasnt the only one thinking that was ridiculous. I hope not at least! Id be more suprised at No doubt not being higher/even playing.

It's partly true. Radiohead chose Beck to play before them at V07; Sigur Ros played before them at Hurricane and Southside last year Rock Werchter and at the Main Square festival in France. But at Roskilde and at Lollapalooza no 'Radiohead chosen' bands played before them - it only happens when it's possible.

Yeah your right Radiohead Offspring could be a strange one for day ticket holders but equally its going to sell out anyway right?! Sigor Ros would be incredible in that slot for sure though. Somehow i like Radiohead and Offspring though so you never know! Im finding Lostprophets a strange one personally, dont think that quite works.

I could possibly imagine The Flaming Lips playing under Radiohead. Don't think they would normally warrent a second position spot thought think The FLaming Lips into Radiohead would work great and would be a great transtiion from the heavier stuff into them. Plus if Radiohead can get Beck a second spot at a festival like V....

I could possibly imagine The Flaming Lips playing under Radiohead. Don't think they would normally warrent a second position spot thought think The FLaming Lips into Radiohead would work great and would be a great transtiion from the heavier stuff into them. Plus if Radiohead can get Beck a second spot at a festival like V....

Well yeah thats the basis for my argument that Sigur Ros could sub-headline, even though I do in fact think they are big enough to warrant that spot, though others would disagree. Beck also subheadlined below them at Glasto 2003, and you're right, if they can get Beck second spot over the usual crap then Radiohead must have a fair amount of influence.

Yeah, I agree Sigur Ros would work well as well. Not a huge fan of them on record but saw them at Benicassim last year and they put on an amazing performance. It would def work as it got darker at reading. Just I prefer The Flaming Lips is all, hence my sugggestion.. lol. Of course if I was really dreaming it would be My Bloody Valentine though that will never happen... plus My Bloody Valentine being better than Radiohead would take way from Radioheads performance for me...

My Bloody Valentine aren't better than Radiohead! And as much as I love MBV, I would hate that to happen as all the power of their live show would be lost on the main stage, as I doubt they would be able to play as loud as they want to, knowing what Reading is like (Don't know about Leeds). They would much more intense and exciting in the NME tent - here's hoping for a Saturday headline spot

Yeah, I agree Sigur Ros would work well as well. Not a huge fan of them on record but saw them at Benicassim last year and they put on an amazing performance. It would def work as it got darker at reading. Just I prefer The Flaming Lips is all, hence my sugggestion.. lol. Of course if I was really dreaming it would be My Bloody Valentine though that will never happen... plus My Bloody Valentine being better than Radiohead would take way from Radioheads performance for me...

kings of leon

lostprophets

fall out boy

pigeon detectives

paramore

funeral for a friend

the view

new found glory

mystery jets

young knives

the kooks

the subways

arctics monkeys

kaiser chiefs

the offspring

maximo park

the cribs

vampire weekend

foals

boy kill boy/guillemots

the noisettes/the hold steady

blood red shoes

yeah yeah yeahs

30stm

radiohead

placebo

jane's addiction

weezer

enter shikari

disturbed

bowling for soup

madina lake

fightstar

glasvegas

That looks a good and realistic line-up, best i have seen. Obviously there are some missing that efestivals have rumoured that look likely 2 me. I am guessing it is just a guess though or is it your wish list.. One question. Why is The Subways second on nme. Surely if they played (again) they would not be there.

I have to say radiohead are bettern than MBV, purely because they have done a lot lot more stuff that has been constantly excellent, challanging and inovative, whereas MBV are (apparently) great live but made only one great record.

Edited by thomasowen

That'd be because Wayne Coyne can't sing. It's all about the gimmicks, the musics almost a side show to all that. They do the extra stuff better than any band I've ever seen in fairness to them though.

My first Flaming Lips concert might just be my favourite gig experience.