strong rumour Shinedown

to be confirmed Slipknot

rumour SpineShank

to be confirmed The Prodigy

to be confirmed Whitesnake

thats a friggin awesome start!!

Edited by metalman

Thats amazing!!

Out of thise id say headliners would probably be Slipknot, LimpBizkit & The Prodigy

But whoever im just happy there are loads of awesome bands and Knebworth can smoke my c*ck!!!

:):):P

Not sure, Neil??

I just realised, The Prodigy can only realistically play the Saturday right? And Slipknot have confirmed themselves for Saturday (potentially headlining)...... The Prodigy second stage headliner??

That would annoy the hell out of me if The Prodigy and Slipknot clash!! Or maybe The Prodigy could subheadliner under Slipknot??

Not sure, Neil??

I just realised, The Prodigy can only realistically play the Saturday right? And Slipknot have confirmed themselves for Saturday (potentially headlining)...... The Prodigy second stage headliner??

That would annoy the hell out of me if The Prodigy and Slipknot clash!! Or maybe The Prodigy could subheadliner under Slipknot??

Not sure, Neil??

What a freaking awesome list!

Read this at 4pm when I finished work on my mobile and just made the weekend that so much better

From that though im really struggling to pick out headliners

Id have thought The Prodigy as they're headlining IOW & Rockness, but its just Saturday they're free so I hope both Slipknot & The Prodigy are main stage and they're not on at the same time, cus that would be pretty gutting even though im seeing Prodigy 2 months earlier and I haven't seen Slipknot for 7 years! It would be Slipknot I picked over The Prodigy

I can see Limp Bizkit headlining actually and maybe Marilyn Manson the other from that list

I can see Limp Bizkit headlining actually

the only justification for Limp Talent headlining is a certain person's ego which isn't matched by their popularity. :)

Wasn't it the case that their last show in the UK was a freebie, and that they couldn't give all the tickets away?

Whether or not that's true (I forget), it's certainly true that their previous attempt at a show in the UK - which was cancelled cos of a 'bad back' (or perhaps that was just an excuse to claim insurance? :)) - sold very poorly.

What a freaking awesome list!

Read this at 4pm when I finished work on my mobile and just made the weekend that so much better

From that though im really struggling to pick out headliners

Id have thought The Prodigy as they're headlining IOW & Rockness, but its just Saturday they're free so I hope both Slipknot & The Prodigy are main stage and they're not on at the same time, cus that would be pretty gutting even though im seeing Prodigy 2 months earlier and I haven't seen Slipknot for 7 years! It would be Slipknot I picked over The Prodigy

I can see Limp Bizkit headlining actually and maybe Marilyn Manson the other from that list

does that mean they will be confirmed on Monday, yeah?

Any idea what day they will be on? Looking like Friday or Sunday if they are headlining I would think :)

I believe that the announcement is Tuesday and not Monday, but I could be wrong.

Thinking about it, I bet it's a 7pm announcement on a radio station - Kerrap radio perhaps?

I have no ideas of days or stages or running orders for these rumours.

Some more acts who could play who are in Europe that weekend

Greenfield festival in Switzerland I believe runs the same dates as Download Fri-Sun and they've announced

Korn, Disturbed, Slipknot, And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead, Volbeat, Tomte, Trivium, Caliban

and Waldrock in Holland which is SATURDAY only has announced

Heaven And Hell, Motörhead, Carcass, Papa Roach, Killswitch Engage, Dragonforce, Epica, Trivium, Delain, Wolves In The Throne Room, Black Stone Cherry

Edited by luckysalt