GCSE's

Guest boshca

As much as I wish it were any other way, I'm taking my GCSE's in may/june of this year. A small group of mates and I have put down our deposits and are looking forward to going to Glasto (most of us for our third and fourth times) as a nice way to end school forever. After much checking with every teacher in the whole bloody school, I came to believe there would be NO exams on the last week of school, only to be told a few days ago, we've got a science one on wednesday 24th. Brilliant. Do any other school kids or just guys in the know, know if this is actually possible, or if there will be other exams from the 24th to 26th?

I wish my school was helpfull enough to answer this question. Thanks!

It's no big deal if you have a science exam on wednesday (I presume your year 10). I had the same dilemma as you last year, just go with your mates early on the thursday morning, that's what I did and I still had a brilliant time. I'm going for the full 5 days this year but to be honest with you I know that I don't really have to. You don't really miss out on much as all the acts start on thursday, but to be honest with you their only small acts. The only problem is that it's a bit of a bugger finding a camping spot, but if you go somewhere like the family camping areas then you should be fine.

Cheers,

BlackHole2006

As much as I wish it were any other way, I'm taking my GCSE's in may/june of this year. A small group of mates and I have put down our deposits and are looking forward to going to Glasto (most of us for our third and fourth times) as a nice way to end school forever. After much checking with every teacher in the whole bloody school, I came to believe there would be NO exams on the last week of school, only to be told a few days ago, we've got a science one on wednesday 24th. Brilliant. Do any other school kids or just guys in the know, know if this is actually possible, or if there will be other exams from the 24th to 26th?

I wish my school was helpfull enough to answer this question. Thanks!

thanks a lot for the reasurrance. I'm in year 11, and its not a retake, but I'll cope. My only worry was that going up on the wednesday night would end badly (putting up a tent in the dark - not good) and that going on the thursday to pitch up would be cutting it a bit fine. I'm sure I'll be fine. Thanks!!

have to give a massive shout out to the hard core kids camped next to us in 2007.

they turned up wednesday morning with all their tents, clothes and other assorted bits and bobs. pitched. then calmly asked us old gits (10 of us, average age 38.4) if we could just keep an eye on their tents as they were leaving for some sort of GCSE on the thursday.

they promptly re-appeared at about 9am friday with all their booze and just went out into the madness. :D

Now that deserves some serious acclaim

sometimes the youth of today fill me with pride!! :D

have to give a massive shout out to the hard core kids camped next to us in 2007.

they turned up wednesday morning with all their tents, clothes and other assorted bits and bobs. pitched. then calmly asked us old gits (10 of us, average age 38.4) if we could just keep an eye on their tents as they were leaving for some sort of GCSE on the thursday.

they promptly re-appeared at about 9am friday with all their booze and just went out into the madness. :D

Now that deserves some serious acclaim

sometimes the youth of today fill me with pride!! :D

I rember a few years ago an Alevel exam was on the monday of Glastonbury. Theres no way you could do an exam after Glasto so look on the bright side that you can just miss Wensday morning! I was absolutely gutted, although in the end it turned out to be a good thing because I went to Roskilde which was amazing and as much as people bang on about Glastonbury being the pinical of festivals its still good to experience a variety.

thanks a lot for the reasurrance. I'm in year 11, and its not a retake, but I'll cope. My only worry was that going up on the wednesday night would end badly (putting up a tent in the dark - not good) and that going on the thursday to pitch up would be cutting it a bit fine. I'm sure I'll be fine. Thanks!!