Dr Who revealed

tinygreendragon

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didnt get to watch it properly last night because as soon as it came on everyone decided to talk all the way through it :P

Thought yesterdays episode dragged abit but Simm and Tennant were a joy to watch and by the end and the Time Lords being revealed was a serious 'wow' factor for me and got me hook,line and sinker to tune in next week and ramp up my excitement for it...

...so i'd say that it was a successful episode then as surely that was the main idea for it?

We always knew these last two were going to be joined rather than just one off episodes.

Okay - loads of spoilers here as there's a clip of next week's on the site - Clicky

From watching that, I have the following thoughts:

That this is the end of the Time War:

[*]Timothy Dalton is an evil bastard, as the President of the Timelords should be

[*]Gallifrey looks war-torn

[*]'News of the Doctor' - interesting

[*]Daleks mentioned - they fought the Timelords in the Time War

I think the machine tuned into The Master's DNA and resurrected Gallifrey aswell as convert the human race and as you mentioned,it

resurected it at the end of the Time War

I'm confused though as hasn't Tennants Doctor mentioned afew times how he

''led his people into war''

?

So surely there should be a Doctor already back there

fighting in the war

?

I think Wilf is gonna have to pull the trigger on The Doctor, and possibly Donna too.

Nah,you see in the clip at the end how Wilfred gives his gun to the Doctor who in turn tries to kill The Master,seemingly to me while standing trial.

A mate of mine thinks its all to do with the big old time buggerations that have/are occurring therefore leading to the resurrection of the TLs.

Makes sense.

Loving the Wilf all strapped up in a similar thing that Ripley used to kill the Queen Alien in that trailer! (Trailer will be on the Beeb if it isnt already.)

One probably more for sifi than anyone who isn't familiar with the classic series.

The woman who can talk to Wilf - wears WHITE.

Timothy Dalton - a bit mental - wears BLACK.

Could it be....................?

Well I just watched the Dr Who Confidential about the last episode. Very interesting last 15 mins covering the (brief) history of the Doc and the Timelords since day 1!

There was a woman in white featured. Lynda Bellingham to be precise but I dont think thats what/who you are referring to LW. Is it?

Well I just watched the Dr Who Confidential about the last episode. Very interesting last 15 mins covering the (brief) history of the Doc and the Timelords since day 1!

There was a woman in white featured. Lynda Bellingham to be precise but I dont think thats what/who you are referring to LW. Is it?

No - she played the inquisitor in Trial of a Time Lord when Colin Baker was the Doctor.

I am talking about the Guardians - see The Key To Time series, as well as a trilogy of stories during Peter Davison's tenure.

We'll see - it could just be my mind working too much, but having either of the Guardians in would make nerds like me rather pleased.

Some Timelords did look rather silly, mind:

time_lord_genesis.jpg

The rip off of the Galactic Senate at the end with the Time Lords was the worst!

Not really too different to previous episodes featuring Timelords to be honest. That predate Star Wars.

At 5.05pm today on Radio 2 there is an interview with David Tennant and Russell T Davies about it all. Should be worth a listen.

:P now that was good, roll on 6.30PM......

I'm very excited. I think it will be a LOT better than last week's.

See you in a few hours for the post-Tennant discussion.

ah cant wait!

I'm very excited. I think it will be a LOT better than last week's.

See you in a few hours for the post-Tennant discussion.

Laptop is ready and waiting...T minus one last David Tennant Doctor Who and a big bag of tissues...

see you in just over and hour mate!