Films

Guest razz1e

I got Young Frankenstein for Christmas - one of my favourite comedies of all time.

Watched it last night and it is sheer genius. Some of Mel Brooks' later stuff isn't that good, but this is him at his best. I think most people prefer Blazing Saddles, but I think Young Frankenstein beats it hands down. Marty Feldman helps of course.....

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got Young Frankenstein for Christmas - one of my favourite comedies of all time.

Watched it last night and it is sheer genius. Some of Mel Brooks' later stuff isn't that good, but this is him at his best. I think most people prefer Blazing Saddles, but I think Young Frankenstein beats it hands down. Marty Feldman helps of course.....

The Wrestler didn't live up to the hype for me. Ok, but nothing special.

as mentioned on the last couple of pages, Religulous is indeed a decent watch. the editing reminded me a bit of the old 90s show, Dream On. which is worth a bonus point. <_<

and finally, after Film4 packed in on Saturday night after just over an hour, i managed to finish watching Assault on Precinct 13 late last night. i shouldn't have bothered. :P

I see "Airplane" is on Channel 4 and "Young Frankenstein" is on BBC4 after the bells on Hogmanay (aka New Years Eve <_< ) .

Two of the funniest films ever made!

See this from yesterday

Basically, Gene Wilder plays a doctor who is also the original Victor Frankenstein's grandson. He has distanced himself from his infamous ancestor (even pronouncing his name Fronken-steeen) believing him to be a lunatic who did not understand science. When his great-grandfather's will is read, he travels to Transylvania to discover what he thought were just nonsensical lunatic ravings could actually work and sets out to recreate what his grandfather did.

But it's much sillier than that of course!

It's pure genius.

It sure is pure genius. Marty Feldman gives one of the all time best comedy performances.

I do prefer Blazing Saddles though.

went to the cinema to see 'The Yes Man' yesterday....very funny film!!!

love jim carrey - such a funny actor!!!

Me and my mate from work saw the New Year in with a glass of wine and a DVD of Over Her Dead Body, with Eva Longoria playing a dead fiancee trying to put a psychic off getting with her husband-to-be. Even though I been all anti-romance lately, this was a canny little film.

yeah isnt anything like the book...it just uses the concept of it - still very good though!