Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really not a fan of Ben Stiller, but gave Tropic Thunder a go after reviews from places I normally trust adn it is very very good. Maybe not as clever as some reviewers were making out (it is Ben Stiller after all) and yeah Stiller and Black are annoying but they're meant to be. Worth seeing for Robert Downey Jr's perfomance and Tom Cruise willingly and seemingly happily making an absolute tit of himself. It makes you cringe like you've never cringed before, but again its supposed to and, as over used as this phrase is, fair play to him.

Steve Coogan, also excellent.

And his exit is even better.

Edited by philipsteak

Really not a fan of Ben Stiller, but gave Tropic Thunder a go after reviews from places I normally trust adn it is very very good. Maybe not as clever as some reviewers were making out (it is Ben Stiller after all) and yeah Stiller and Black are annoying but they're meant to be. Worth seeing for Robert Downey Jr's perfomance and Tom Cruise willingly and seemingly happily making an absolute tit of himself. It makes you cringe like you've never cringed before, but again its supposed to and, as over used as this phrase is, fair play to him.

Steve Coogan, also excellent.

And his exit is even better.

I watched The Strangers last night. I f**kin loved it. Dunno if its been discussed already, but the tension was awesome. It was creepy as hell for a good hour. The ending was a little bit of an anticlimax IMHO, but I can forgive it that for the fact that the good hour was so good.

major spoiler here.

Liv Tyler - "Why are you doing this?"

The Strangers "Because you were (at) home"

Watched Wolf Creek last night after several recommendations from friends. Utter, utter shite IMHO.

trapped by a psycho killer, you manage to get a car- what should you do? 1) drive away or 2) push the c**t over a cliff?

you wake up, hog tied in a shed - its sunny, you climb out of the window - its dark again

you shoot a psycho killer in the neck, he drops like a sack of shit do you 1) make sure he's really dead 2)tie him up in case he isnt dead, but you dont have the stomach to finish him off or 3) hit him weakly twice with a rifle and leave him there

there are about a dozen cars in a shed, you manage to get one started - guess which one has a killer on the back seat? - bingo!

Watched Wolf Creek last night after several recommendations from friends. Utter, utter shite IMHO.

trapped by a psycho killer, you manage to get a car- what should you do? 1) drive away or 2) push the c**t over a cliff?

you wake up, hog tied in a shed - its sunny, you climb out of the window - its dark again

you shoot a psycho killer in the neck, he drops like a sack of shit do you 1) make sure he's really dead 2)tie him up in case he isnt dead, but you dont have the stomach to finish him off or 3) hit him weakly twice with a rifle and leave him there

there are about a dozen cars in a shed, you manage to get one started - guess which one has a killer on the back seat? - bingo!