Alchemy Festival

Guest Alchemy Festival

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hurt, and my house is full of Psychadelic Breakfast. Starting fencing lessons tomorrow so not sure how i'm going to hold out with the bad back/knees, blisters and tiredness.

We all really loved the festival, it was very layed back and had the right people there, I had some very interesting converasations with some very interesting people.

I'm not going over the same problems that others have mentioned as I'm sure Toby is already aware of them, this was was the first alchemy and there's bound to have been some issues that I'm sure will be addressed next year. All there is to day really is a big thankyou to Toby for putting on such an amazing event and allowing us to take part in it all.

Well........what a fukkin fantastic weekend!!!! Best festie of the year for me, loved it soooo much!! Yep, a couple of things were needed but the vibe meant it just didn't matter, not laughed so much in I can't remember how long..

Highlights were Tarantism both times, Zetan Spore, Ed Tangent, the guy called James who played in the psychedelic Breakfast tent (lovely tent Gobz, thanks to all involved!), 3 Daft Monkeys were good as always and massive respect to Lorraine in the dance tent, think she did 5 sets over the weekend, every one a blinder!!

Got abit stuck in the dance tent and therefore missed Kilnaboy and Subgiant, thats the risk you run when you put an Opus rig in front of me tho, I could just stay there all weekend...actuallly I pretty much did :) ...apart from the bar...excellent quality of ale!!

I got over to the efests camp and said hi, see, I do exist :lol: Nice to put some proper faces to names but due to the amount of homebrew, morgans spiced, ale and schmoke I might struggle...

Respect to Levellerich and Princess Jojo for the bbq sessions every day!!

Toby, I managed to not see you all weekend but thanks mate, a crackin addition to the Northern Festie scene...long live Alchemy!!

Highlights were Tarantism both times, Zetan Spore, Ed Tangent, the guy called James who played in the psychedelic Breakfast tent (lovely tent Gobz, thanks to all involved!), 3 Daft Monkeys were good as always and massive respect to Lorraine in the dance tent, think she did 5 sets over the weekend, every one a blinder!!

I hurt, and my house is full of Psychadelic Breakfast. Starting fencing lessons tomorrow so not sure how i'm going to hold out with the bad back/knees, blisters and tiredness.

We all really loved the festival, it was very layed back and had the right people there, I had some very interesting converasations with some very interesting people.

I'm not going over the same problems that others have mentioned as I'm sure Toby is already aware of them, this was was the first alchemy and there's bound to have been some issues that I'm sure will be addressed next year. All there is to day really is a big thankyou to Toby for putting on such an amazing event and allowing us to take part in it all.

This was my first festi with the efest bunch - what a bunch!! had a totally great weekend!!

thanks to the lot of you for making it special.

cant remember the last time i danced so hard, cheers to Zeton Spore for that!!!

Definately be seeing you all soon - and will be at Alchemey for it all again next year!!!

Hellooo wonderful peoples,

I just wanted to say a HUUUUUUUUUGE thank you to you all for being so amazingly wonderfully lovely and totally HILARIOUS. I don't think I've laughed so much in my whole life.

Mongrel said before we left that I would love small festivals more than Glasto, and I really really doubted him, but once again the bugger was right :lol: and that was because of all of you fantastic people. (I am however underselling the festival which was also totally mint and had the best portaloos ever.... Fact.... oh and Zetan Spore FTW!)

I literally am sooooooooo excited for bearded and the start of the season already, I might just have spontaneously combusted by then with excitement! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

I cannot say thank you enoughor really express how grateful I am to be able to call such a wonderful group of people friends.

Loves

Mrs Mongrel

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh and ps Goblinz - I've fenced since I was 6, you will have a brilliant brilliant time, but be prepared to hurt in muscles you never knew existed, as a sport it uses a rather odd combination of muscles! x

Edited by nominaomi

Cheers everybody who went! It was ace, cracking atmosphere, cracking mix of music - Jon Gomm was a personal highlight for me.

Was also good to put a few faces to pseudonyms - I aim to make more of an effort next year but it was a pleasure meeting TSU and Treacle, and Mr. Treacle who's name I was clearly too drunk to take in - I'm sorry!

Think the vibe made up for the lack of programme and the secretiveness of the food!

Next year. Definite.

What a blast! :P

Alchemy was the highlight of the year for me. Great festie with an amazing vibe and the most fantastic people.

As many have said there were a few minor gripes (food availability, lighting, lack of information)

I understand why festivals don't produce programmes when so many acts let them down last minute and i was more than happy with written info on the blackboards. Loos were the cleanest of any festival i've been to and always well stocked. This is definately a family friendly festival and I found myself smiling at all the kids having such a great time with all the free entertainment. I remember sitting watching Skip Rat belt out their punk anthems while a group of children played with balloon swords and bubbles in front of the stage....just magical.

Psychidelic breakfast was another highlight for me and I loved thrashing Wullie at scrabble to chilled out beats of Alabama 3.

We were very lucky with the weather and a small point maybe worth noting for next year is that had the weather not been so kind there were no inside areas for bands to play. Dance tents are all very well....if you like music like that (you all know my thoughts!)

The one thing which made the long journey south for us so worthwhile was meeting up with old friends and meeting so many lovely new ones ;)

My sides are still sore from laughing so much :)

It will be a long winter but we've already started the countdown to Bearded Theroy in May when we can all meet up again (234 days!)

What a blast! ;)

Alchemy was the highlight of the year for me. Great festie with an amazing vibe and the most fantastic people.

As many have said there were a few minor gripes (food availability, lighting, lack of information)

I understand why festivals don't produce programmes when so many acts let them down last minute and i was more than happy with written info on the blackboards. Loos were the cleanest of any festival i've been to and always well stocked. This is definately a family friendly festival and I found myself smiling at all the kids having such a great time with all the free entertainment. I remember sitting watching Skip Rat belt out their punk anthems while a group of children played with balloon swords and bubbles in front of the stage....just magical.

Psychidelic breakfast was another highlight for me and I loved thrashing Wullie at scrabble to chilled out beats of Alabama 3.

We were very lucky with the weather and a small point maybe worth noting for next year is that had the weather not been so kind there were no inside areas for bands to play. Dance tents are all very well....if you like music like that (you all know my thoughts!)

The one thing which made the long journey south for us so worthwhile was meeting up with old friends and meeting so many lovely new ones :D

My sides are still sore from laughing so much :D

It will be a long winter but we've already started the countdown to Bearded Theroy in May when we can all meet up again (234 days!)