eFestivals Glastonbury World Cup 2009

Guest hogga

Thanks for keeping this thread in order while I was away Chazeboy. :D

It's good to see that the idea has taken off but I hope the bickering doesn't turn people away.

This is something we agreed drunkenly as a laugh and I want it to be played like that, we are using a Spider-man ball for starters. We want it to have mixed teams, noisy fans and the cheerleaders giving us a laugh from the sidelines.

It wont be competitive, so allcomers are welcome. :D

I would still like refs, linesmen, physios etc because that all adds to the spectacle of the match. We could even have people dressed as police (on horses maybe), stewards and ball boys/girls.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See my previous post angel, this wont be competitive.

Anyway has your foot recovered from the KOL set. She was a big girl that landed on it. :D

I'll be available for England as a sub, providing I can get away with shaking hands/rubbing hair/patting on the bottom whoever I replace just as the full-time whistle blows.

Actually, I need to work hard to be that fit in time... :D

Cool. This proposed footie match is looking good and shaping up nicely.

I like the idea of 2 different colour tops.

Assume White for England and...

Blue for Rest Of World (some of us can wear our navy eFests T-Shirts then :D )

:D

Edited by Harrow Strongbow Ciderman!

i shall be wearing me gazza 90 shirt dont you chicken curry about that

Yeah I agree with the whip round idea, as long as like you say we keep it voluntary.

I think we should try and keep the focus on having a laugh and if we make a few bob for a charity all the better.

I agree with what you say on the kits. If the England players try and have some white on theirs and the ROW try and have some blue on theirs it will make the 60 yard pin point pass that little bit easier.

Yeah I agree with the whip round idea, as long as like you say we keep it voluntary.

I think we should try and keep the focus on having a laugh and if we make a few bob for a charity all the better.

I agree with what you say on the kits. If the England players try and have some white on theirs and the ROW try and have some blue on theirs it will make the 60 yard pin point pass that little bit easier.

Grimmy you've been added. Come on the more the merrier. :D

Does anyone have any preferences for where the voluntary charity donations will go, Oxfam or Water Aid have been mentioned so far. I agree with one of these as it fits in with the festival.

Edited by hogga

Grimmy you've been added. Come on the more the merrier. :D

Does anyone have any preferences for where the voluntary charity donations will go, Oxfam or Water Aid have been mentioned so far. I agree with one of these as it fits in with the festival.