Driving ontocamping?

Guest fubab

Apologies if this has been discussed today but we're mid journey, stopping off in Daventry, to drop kids on Grandparents , grab a few drams + some kip before tomorrow.

En route, we have encountered some 'weather' + were just wondering is it still poss to drive on and drop kit at camp or has it been stopped again like last year??

I've emailed the office.....but I'm tipsy + impatient ;)

Apologies if this has been discussed today but we're mid journey, stopping off in Daventry, to drop kids on Grandparents , grab a few drams + some kip before tomorrow.

En route, we have encountered some 'weather' + were just wondering is it still poss to drive on and drop kit at camp or has it been stopped again like last year??

I've emailed the office.....but I'm tipsy + impatient ;)

No official announcement as far as I know - I imagine the organisers will be on site until the wee small hours.

Forecast is good for the weekend, but there has been a lot of rain the past few days so I would be betting things will be soft underfoot. They did say if cars weren't allowed onto the field then you would at least be able to drive onto the perimeter road, which is a lot closer to the campsite than the main gate at least.

We have had some rain..heavy at the weekend, but the fine day yesterday and today meant that the ground is in good condition. The current plan is that you will be able to drive onto the campsite, on the roads marked on the map, and there will be points around the campsite where you can unload...hopefully at worst you will be 50m from where you want to camp, and at best right there...there will be no repeat of last year and the long walk from the car park...hope this helps, so best advice is to pack kit that you are happy to take a few metres from your car, but not a marathon!

We have had some rain..heavy at the weekend, but the fine day yesterday and today meant that the ground is in good condition. The current plan is that you will be able to drive onto the campsite, on the roads marked on the map, and there will be points around the campsite where you can unload...hopefully at worst you will be 50m from where you want to camp, and at best right there...there will be no repeat of last year and the long walk from the car park...hope this helps, so best advice is to pack kit that you are happy to take a few metres from your car, but not a marathon!

I hope we have escaped the weather, what a nightmare for Sunrise. We pretty much flipped a coin to decide which to go for. I hope the organisers were insured and the folks at least get their money back.

For Wychwood the silver lining could be late ticket sales and day ticket sales from disappointed Sunrise-goers.

Weirdly we are sitting watching Desperate Housewives with the tornado episode - too weird!!!! ;)

Hear hear - when traveling with 4 kids in tow and a wife that likes to be comfortable you need more than a back pack. The system worked perfectly and was a key part of why we have booked for next year! Well Done :lol:
Edited by pepe2

The idea is for folk to drop their stuff off..one of 'em stays with it,while the other takes the car BACK TO THE CARPARK..

...and NOT to leave the car on the narrow access roads while they fully set up camp..and have a couple of beers while they're about it!!

This was our third time..and I think this year some people just took the p**s..!

Which makes a big assumption that there's two of you.....

I like going to Wychwood on my own but I don't really want to just dump all my stuff in a field and leave it there when I haven't even had the chance to speak to my neighbours... So yeah, I will put the tent up (and only do that), sling all my stuff in it then take the car back. And I deliberately chose a spot where I could park next to the tent and not on the access roads.

Edited by mr blue

But excellent idea that just needs a touch of fine tuning to allow less clogging of the road round the site at peak time.

short of putting a gun to each camper's head, what can be done? If some people are too self-important to think that the "after dropping your stuff take your car to the car parks" rule doesn't apply to them, what can be done?

If the fest gets insistent about it people will start moaning about nazi stewards, so it ends up a lose/lose situation for them, all due to some ignorant attendees. :D

short of putting a gun to each camper's head, what can be done? If some people are too self-important to think that the "after dropping your stuff take your car to the car parks" rule doesn't apply to them, what can be done?

If the fest gets insistent about it people will start moaning about nazi stewards, so it ends up a lose/lose situation for them, all due to some ignorant attendees. :wub: