Car Parks & Routes 2017

MJP

5 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

we have come through north wootton right into the yellow car parks two years in a row before last year where the yellow car parks were mainly (completely?) out of action due to the rain. the north wootton way was completely shut last year but shouldnt it be back open this year assuming the rain levels are nowhere near as bad?

According to the traffic management plan lots of road are closed including the junction at lower westholme road/a361

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

interesting. as has been said then the north wootton way will probably go into pink then.... The whole route was completely closed last year on wednesday morning off the a39 just past wells at Woodford Lane, which I had assumed was due to the fact this normally feeds into Yellow car park and that Yellow was basically out of action last year. 

40 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

interesting. as has been said then the north wootton way will probably go into pink then.... The whole route was completely closed last year on wednesday morning off the a39 just past wells at Woodford Lane, which I had assumed was due to the fact this normally feeds into Yellow car park and that Yellow was basically out of action last year. 

If people try and make their way into the A361 the opposite way....or not as it will be more traffic! ;P, then you will go past Red, Yellow, Bronze if that's a thing and Yellow before hitting Pink, the junction maybe closed from that street but shouldn't be a problem going along that way. Anything to avoid Pink again!, ending up deep in Yellow/close to Orange would be ideal and I'll take it 10 fold over the alternative. Coming in from that way they have no reason not to let you in Yellow/Orange 1st and that's never been an issue when the ground is fine, one time when we parked really close we went in through Yellow but drove right into the Orange fields which sometime happens too. Coming the opposite way though you will go past Pink about 10 yards before hitting Orange and be buggered!

18 hours ago, parsonjack said:

The Lower Westholme Road/A361 junction does not close until 0800 Weds, so theoretically you should be able to use the North Wootton route before then to pass Pink and turn right onto A361 to go into Yellow or Orange.  Good luck with agreeing that with the stewards filling Pink though.

There's no guaranteed way to get Yellow or Orange, but the North Wooton route would seem the most risky tbh.

We've used this route many times and last year was the first when we was put into pink. This year we are staying in Worthy View so can hopefully drive past the carparks and then turn left somewhere further up the A361.

49 minutes ago, nowthen2k6 said:

Hope this isn't true was thinking of going in this direction. From what I could tell it wasn't closed till the Monday. Can't see it being closed this early anyway.

Screenshot_20170617-095838.png

Yes I agree that's a worrying development.  Nothing in the published traffic plan to show the road would be affected until Sunday 25th at earliest so I'm trying to find out if there's been an amendment etc.....

On 2017-6-6 at 4:46 PM, MJP said:

I added way more than I intended to and will probably add more when I get home. Basically recreating the Glasto map now lol...

Will add more directions tonight when I get home off the work network - anyway, that's 2 hours of work successfully procrastinated through. ;)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RIQxyQrsp7RRgx5PSqx2Am5d2es&usp=sharing

Are your green marks road closures? Hope not otherwise it's impossible to get into worthy view car park :huh:

1 hour ago, Havors said:

Are your green marks road closures? Hope not otherwise it's impossible to get into worthy view car park :huh:

They're general road closures by the festival so they control traffic, best course of action is to follow the directions given for Worthy View :D

4 hours ago, nowthen2k6 said:

Hope this isn't true was thinking of going in this direction. From what I could tell it wasn't closed till the Monday. Can't see it being closed this early anyway.

Screenshot_20170617-095838.png

Right....just been and driven the B3136 between Shepton Mallet and Pilton and can confirm the road is open all the way.

The only traffic control is where it joins the A361 but signs show you can turn right there to go through the village towards Orange/Yellow etc.

So all looks good....

2 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Right....just been and driven the B3136 between Shepton Mallet and Pilton and can confirm the road is open all the way.

The only traffic control is where it joins the A361 but signs show you can turn right there to go through the village towards Orange/Yellow etc.

So all looks good....

Thanks mate. Much appreciated.