Hare Krishna Tent

Cornelius_Fudge

Hello everyone! I was talking about the Hare Krishna tent with my girlfriend the other day and we were trying to remember if they are open all day for free (with a donation?) lentil curry or if it was only at set times and also where it was?

If my memory serves me right, it's located on the walkway between West Holts and the Other Stage?

I last went 2014 so perhaps they moved or aren't there anymore. Any information would be awesome! Thanks!

Despite thinking most religions are shite, I like the fact that there is a Hari Krishna movement and devotees of it. They always make me smile when I see them. Apart from virtually forcing you to buy way over priced josticks, they don't appear to do any other harm. That's fair enough really, when you think about it.

While I'm confessing to liking some religions I ought to add that I kind of think that the Dalai Lama has got it sussed - so, that's Hinduism and Buddism that I like. Dont get me started on Caodaism because we'll be here all fucking day otherwise!

Anyway, for those few who didn't hear about it - apparently when the Dalai Lama appeared at Glastonbury (last year I think), when the Bull Buggering Bishop of Bath & Wells went to speak as usual on the Sunday morning, somebody shouted out at him that he was just a shit Dalai Lama. Tickles me that does.

5 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Despite thinking most religions are shite, I like the fact that there is a Hari Krishna movement and devotees of it. They always make me smile when I see them. Apart from virtually forcing you to buy way over priced josticks, they don't appear to do any other harm. That's fair enough really, when you think about it.

in the 80's I was touring around America with a unlimited Airline pass for 9 months and it was either at a Airport in Boston or it may have been a Airport in Cleveland I was walking though the airport when this Hare Krishna collector came close but rather than asking me for money he said something like ' I have been to Glastonbury festival ' - at first I was puzzled but then it came to me as I had a badge made up from one of my own photographs { a small photo of the pyramid stage } and that was pinned to my waistcoat - we had a small chat and then I wandered off - a week or so later I was walking though the Spirit of St. Louis Airport and ran into the same guy so we spent longer chatting this time and he did mention he had worked before in the Hare Krishna Tent - anyway some of them are sent to other Countries and he ended up in the States - I asked how much do they collect each day - cant recall the answer but it was a higher figure than I was expecting - they are allowed to dip in to the box to pay for their hotel rooms and meals - no wonder they are so keen to collect - the next year I did look in at Glastonbury but did not spot him and have not seen him since - so its a small world after all. I don't believe in it myself but it keeps them happy. 

I went to a festival in India that makes Glastonbury look tiny and they were feeding an incredible amount of people there, very special organisation, I always find myself chatting to them when they are fund raising and have so many of their books, not that I've ever read them, I'm just a sucker for their smiley faces. 
Charm x

Edited by Charm

Every time I go in there they're always really welcoming and friendly; always up for a chat. Never been asked about religious views or anything, which I like - they seem to just accept you as a person rather than press anything on to you. But maybe that's just my experience.

Usually every time I go to a place and they're their I try and pop in a couple of times for some warm, not over-priced food and a chat, even just for twenty minutes.

Some of the banana bread I've had from them too is also really delicious! If it was on sale in the Park, I bet you'd be charged a fiver just for a measly slice!